Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One time a neighbor accidentally dropped his lighter into my candy bag. I didn't realize until arriving back at home... very funny. My parents were a bit concerned, though.

I was wondering if people had similar stories or strange candy/objects dropped in their Halloween bag.

·
Registered
141 Posts
As kids, my brother and I would drop ice cubes into treater's paper bags, then follow the them to pick up the candy that fell out when the bags tore from getting wet by the melting ice. Don't flame me... I'M SORRY!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
It was our first year in our new neighborhood and my kids came running home talking about this crazy guy up the hill that gave out unheard of treats. Their loot: daughter one received a whole six pack of Coke and daughter two received a medium Dominoes peperoni pizza and the soda was cold and pizza was quite warm.

Went up the hill myself to see this and talked to the guy. He said he gives out candy to non-locals and takes care of the kids in our little neighborhood (about five streets/50 homes). Semi-retired, widower, no kids and wanted the local kids to have fun and a good memory of his favorite holiday when he was a youngster. His decorations were a couple of simple caved jack-o-lanterns and a lit porch light.

His treats were historic and the kids (now older teens) want to go back to the old neghborhood (we bought a new home this past spring) and give him a halloween gift for five years of crazy treats. The treats change year to year (last year was small boxes of Krispy Kremes and little thermos of hot chocolate) and non-neighborhood kids talk about him like he's a local legend and aren't quite sure if he was real or a story!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts