• I like it if I have a pause/stop option

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm currently working on getting my 2009 website up and going and am wondering about how you guys feel about music on haunt websites. Personally, I don't mind it so long as it's not too loud, and there's a pause/stop option some where on the site. Nothing ticks me off more than not being able to turn off the sound on a site!

Anyways, I just thought that I would ask your opinions!

PS
Check out my site (link in sig) and tell me what you think!
:).

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
If you can put any music on your site, you could go with the classic Thriller. It just seems to fit for Halloween and it's a song that most people like.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I really encourage the use of a start/stop button on a webpage, and in full view at the top of the page so that visitors don't have to search or scroll to find it. Overall, I don't mind webpage music (as long as it isn't too much) and can add a nice touch when it is a subtle bit of ambiance. If I'm listening to my own music, however, I usually want to be able to turn off a webpage's music so that I can keep listening to my own. Just my two-cents:).

·
Bringing the Dead to Life
839 Posts
I really dont mind music on a page, as long as it has a start/stop button. But, when I just had my volume turned all the way up for a quiet ambience track, and a techno/rock halloween song starts blasting on the website, its not all that pleasant, but I really like your site, especially the picture page.

·
Registered
346 Posts
nightrideproductions has a very good point. Make sure that what ever music you put up (if you do) isn't going to be jarring. Songs that seem to start loud or have a big "POW:eek:" of noise can be a little unpleasant if you don't anticipate it. Which is why I suggest ambient stuff like Midnight Syndicate or Nox Arcana-type tunes for a site.
I completely forgot to say your site looks great! Quite easy on the eyes and nicely organized.

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I like music on a website. I find that is gives the right ambiance when scrolling around. In time though, I do find it annoying if it's in a continuous loop. So I really like the option of pausing the music or turning it off.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I am a web developer. Going on 12 years in the industry. So from a professional level I can say that music on a website is really taboo. The exceptions to the rule would be sites that promote music, like a bands website, and if the music is part of a short video that runs. So if you are using a website to stir up business in any form I highly suggest staying away from it. If its just for personal reasons then go for it. I personally keep my volume turned off, and turn it on only when I choose to hear something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts