Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes they work....very well actually. The webcaster is a great way to start off. Make sure it is not windy AT ALL and that you have a very good size tank on the compressor. Dont waste money on the colored web. The glow in the dark stuff looks great under UV light

·
black light queen
2,494 Posts
i got a webcaster gun a couple of years ago ... finally got a replacement air compressor ... and webbed my mail box out at the street ... worked well ... used a ton of compressed air, though, so it takes a while ... and uses as lot of glue sticks ... i recently purchased 25lbs of economy glue sticks on amazon just for webs

a good tip is to use fishing line for areas that are open that you want to web so that the hot glue has someplace to attach itself to

amk

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love my webcaster! I am useless with the stretchy cotton webs, and I love the realistic look of the webcaster webs. Once you get the hang of it, it is really fun to use. As for cleanup, it depends on the surface. Mostly you can just pull them of in bunches and roll any residual off with your fingers.
IMO, the real key is learning to shoot them properly. As long as they are in a fine mist they are easy to remove. If you shoot out a few globs of glue, they can be harder to get off and can damage the surface ( paper, fabric, painted surfaces). Practice a little on something disposable or that you aren't worried about getting them off of.
Like I said, I love the realistic webs my webcaster creates and I feel like it was one of my best purchases for my displays. I use it on my potion cupboard and just leave them from year to year. I really adds to the creepy effect.

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
1,915 Posts
I made my own with an inexpensive glue gun, some copper tubing and a few valves and fittings. Cost me less than $20 and works awesome. I've seen a couple of other designs that used plastic or rubber tubing instead of copper that worked great too. Don't be fooled into thinking you need to spend $50-$200 on a web gun to get good results.

Heres my frankengun...

And the webs it made last year...

And a clip of the gun in action...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts