Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont' know if this is the right section to put this thread in but I thought I would give it a shot. We got a webcaster gun this weekend on clearance. I wanted to know if anyone else had one and if so, is it easy to use? Does it work well? Anything?

·
Registered
15 Posts
re: webcaster use

Hi~
My sister in law sent us a webcaster gun a month ago. We rent an air compressor and it worked great!!!
The detail was awesome. We didn't have any experience with it before so we had fun experimenting.

Congrats! :)

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,681 Posts
They take a little to get the hang of it.I have one from last year & now have one of the minions web guns (hotter gun) , few things,
don't squeeze the trigger like a caulk gun,let it heat & start to drip glue & turn the air on 1/3.let the air draw out the glue.
squeeze a little at a time on the trigger after that.Too much air too soon & can "cool: the glue on the end of gun,thus getting glue clogs.
Have a "crap" towel or shop rag handy as you may need to wipe off any large clumps on the end of nozzle.(careful-hot) glue will attract glue
if you have too much of a build up on the tip end.Will take a little to get used to,these guns are good to 50/55 degrees outside temp,
too cold & glue takes longer to reheat & stay melted..... it is a mid/lower temp heat gun so too cold a climate may give ya a prob,
thats why i got a minions as they are hotter temp guns with less heat-up down time ! Hope that helps a little,just have to play with it & get the "nitch".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks everyone! Im excited to try it out! We got so many good deals this weekend! It ashame we gotta put it all away for next year without being able to play with all my new toys!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I built one last year from a tutorial and I love it..it does take a little getting use to. Sometimes having a lighter touch is a whole lot better then having a heavy one.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Couple things I found with my homemade gun... If it starts glopping or flipping the glue up and over the gun tip, that is a clue to turn off the air and let it reheat. If it has trouble spraying, CAREFULLY (as in, you WILL get slightly burned) take the glue from the tip and drag it down in front of the air hose until it starts streaming, then let go.

Over the years I seem to have built up a tolerance to hot glue burns, so the second tip is an "at your own risk" affair.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I can't agree more with being careful for hot glue burns. I bought the Minions Web Glue gun a few years ago and it worked ok the first year. The second year (last year) we couldn't get it to work at all. This year we checked it and again, no dice (the copper air hose is too close to the glue tip). We did however buy one of those commercial webbers (you can now buy them at Target) and it worked fantastic. A friend of mine helped to shot the webbing and he was having so much fun he was getting really detailed. I had to stop him and remind him that the walls will have to be taken down afterward Halloween.

I hate my air compressor though so I will need to get another one of those before next Halloween.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here's mine; $1.00 yard sale gun, two pipe straps (laying around) 18 inches (or so) of aluminum tubing found in a dumpster and 5 minutes of assembly. It took a few minutes pinching the end of the tube to get the right air flow. I had one of those cheap air pumps for filling your car tires. It will blow webs a good 8 feet.

Why buy it, it's more fun to make it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts