Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any kind of fabric you can hang up outside that is weather resistant? I'm thinking of something like tissue paper streamers, except much more durable.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Nylon would probably be your best bet. Most sun shades, parasols and umbrellas are made from that.

That being said, we have a santa that we put out ever year and his suit is sort of 'felt-y'. I spray him down with weather proof spray and he's done remarkable well over the years :)

MsM

·
Registered
457 Posts
Does anyone know of any kind of fabric you can hang up outside that is weather resistant? I'm thinking of something like tissue paper streamers, except much more durable.
If youre looking for 'streamer' type strips you could try floral ribbon. What I use is about 2.5 inches wide, a little wider than streamers but holds up really well in weather. In the craft aisle at walmart ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Maybe Floral Ribbon will work. Is that used for flowers?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the fabric store and they said the floral ribbon only came in green (I was looking for orange), but they suggested nylon. I ended up getting some nylon. If anyone has any other suggestions for outdoor fabrics I'd still like to hear them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts