Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horrible weather here in Oklahoma City. It rained all day yesterday (10/30) and into the early evening. Today, it's just wet, cold, overcast, and a slight breeze. Perfect weather for a zombie, but not so great for little ToTs.

We don't set anything up except our cemetary fence until the day of because of the possibility of vandalism/theft. I can't even get myself motivated to go outside and setup because of the weather. Blugh. It seems like it is going to be a dismal night for ToTs.

Hoping it at least clears up some by the evening.

I hope others are having better weather!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It is -2 here currently. And supposed to be strong winds today. Where I live....that could mean anywhere from 60km to 120 km gusts depending on the day haha. Hopefully everything holds!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gloomy, gloomy.... :( maybe they should move Halloween to August? ;) I hope whatever the weather, everyone has some fun. My wife and daughter were planning to dress up and hand out candy and we have bags of it...so, I'll hope for the best!

Happy Halloween!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, we've got massive rains and storms here in Houston. Sonofa*****ing weather. Party last weekend was awful wx, and now today my street looks like I could canoe down it. It's supposed to abate later today, but this doesn't bode well for trick or treating.

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
Cloudy, cool and windy. At least the rain stopped but everything is drenched. I shouldn't complain though since just a few hours south of me folks are dealing with flooded homes and roads still under water from yesterday's rains.

·
Registered
450 Posts
43 when I got up, about 60 and sunny now, they say 46 partly cloudy tonight and big rain moving in tomorrow. That mean a lot of things will have to come down tonight :p
That's OK no rain tonight. Happy Halloween everyone

·
Registered
24 Posts
Horrible weather here in Oklahoma City. It rained all day yesterday (10/30) and into the early evening. Today, it's just wet, cold, overcast, and a slight breeze. Perfect weather for a zombie, but not so great for little ToTs.

We don't set anything up except our cemetary fence until the day of because of the possibility of vandalism/theft. I can't even get myself motivated to go outside and setup because of the weather. Blugh. It seems like it is going to be a dismal night for ToTs.

Hoping it at least clears up some by the evening.

I hope others are having better weather!
Well....it is Pissing down Rain here, in Vancouver BC...but....if it wasn't.....it just would not be the Pacific North "WET"!
Setting up your Grave Yard fence, in advance and then doing your Display, is a good idea, if you have a smaller Display.
But....when we do ours....it takes a week or more, to get it all done!
Having said that, we are Boycotting Halloween this year.
Yes.....I feel terrible.....sick....and soooo guilty!
But.....Vandalism....is what caused us, to make the call...for this year, at least.
What with it being a Saturday night.....we just figured, that Tonight....with it being a Saturday....would attract a lot more, Vandals out, than when we have it during a School Night / Work Night.
We did post......about finding ways to Protect and Secure our Display....but....we just figured, that the best Protection, was just not putting it up, at all.
We were even going to go out.....and see a Movie tonight......but......that would be so unkind to all of our little Tricker Treaters......just couldn't do it.
So.....we will be Handing Out....our Candy to all of the little Ghouls and Goblins tonight.....but....we still feel really sick about not doing our decorations and our Display!
Yup.....we were BAH HUMBUG....to Halloween this year.....and that is going to apply to Christmas as well.
It was our Christmas Display that got HIT.....last year.....and that was enough for us to say......FU.....to who ever did it!
Its not Fair...that the Innocent suffer for the Vandals, but......we are not going to put in all of that hard work....to just have a few, Wreck it for all.
We will skip a year....and see..if we get our Passion back, for next year?
I am sure, that we will.
We miss it....BIG TIME....as it is!
When it comes to the Rain....and our Displays.....I think......that the Rain and the Bad Weather actually adds to the Gloomy Feeling of Halloween.
The Rain....makes our Displays droop and hang, and look so much more Scary.....than having everything look so pristine and staged, and perfect.
Yes.....the rain is no fun, for the little Tricker Treaters.....actually the Kids don't even notice, ( but....their poor WET and Cold parents sure do. LOL ) but it does help set the FEEL and the MOOD.....of what Halloween should feel like.
Geez.....I don't remember many Scary Halloween movies, set in the warmth of a Palm Springs or on the sandy white beaches of Maui???
Yup......the a Gloomy rainy night.....sure makes it seem.......that much more Scary, for the little Tricker Treaters, out there.
Having said that......I am thinking, that the Rain.....would help ....with keeping the Vandalism down tonight.
What Vandal, is wanting to get Soaking WET......on such a miserable night?
Something to keep in mind....for next year!
As the Witching hour is closing nearer........I am felling worse and worse, that we Boycotted this year.
Oh well.......it will come back.....Bigger and Better, next year!
Happy Halloween everyone!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts