Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rain for us...and ONLY on the day of. :rolleyes:
Forecast is saying it will take place around sundown(How convenient) But hey, maybe it could change before then...I hope:eek:

·
Registered
869 Posts
A couple of days ago the forecast for Halloween was the mid-60s and sunny. Now they say a high of 30 with rain and snow mix. Maybe it will change again before Wednesday.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
5 hrs of sun Oct. 31, 1-3 mm rain over 24 hours.
In 36 days of displays over the years in British Columbia and Samoa, we have needed umbrellas twice and had light drizzle twice.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,086 Posts
Every year now, as long as I can remember... rain or thunderstorms. :(

Getting a cold front with thunderstorms pushing through OF COURSE right during TOT time. Expected to start late afternoon/early evening through the night. Supposed to be absolutely beautiful the day before and the day after. Of course. :p :mad: :confused:

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Don't sweat it. If you have a good set up, people will come... in 36 nights of Halloween Displays/walk-thrus, we've had 2 nights of heavy rain. Umbrellas mandatory. Did it affect out TOT numbers? Not a bit. Have fun!

·
Registered
737 Posts
We have a flood watch for tomorrow. Record breaking amount of rainfall. Every city but mine has moved trick or treat to tonite!!! Seriously??? Very unfair?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,855 Posts
Ugh. I'm bummed so many are getting rain or worse, high winds.

It's official for our area now:
Tomorrow (Wednesday/Halloween): The best day of the week! Sunny skies and warmer temperatures may inspire some short sleeves as afternoon highs reach the upper 60s to low 70s. Light winds come from the south at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: A great evening for trick-or-treating activities, as temperatures hold in the lower 60s a bit longer. Then increasing clouds overnight with warmer lows ranging through the 50s to maybe 60 right in the city.
Not thrilled about any winds but it's not rain, snow or a hurricane so I'll take it.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Rain predicted for TOT time. I do a One-Night-Only Display- so I'll set up fencing, outdoor lights and stage everything that is rain proof today. With rain in the forecast, most likely it'll be all about lighting and window projections.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Cloudy with light rain,
sunset at 6:07PM
Humidity of 89%

The rain has been coming later and later every night this week, so I hope that trend continues, as it won't start raining until after 10pm, at which point we should mostly be done. (It is a school night after all)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Rain late tonight turning to snow. 8-15 inches of snow predicted by tomorrow afternoon. Highs in the 30s. Then warm and clear for the next several days. Right now it is partly sunny and 48 degrees.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts