Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife finally gave me the ok to put the halloween props up. I spent 6 hours putting everything up. It was a beautiful day. Last night we had a huge rain and wind storm. The wind was so strong it blew done a comercial light post and several trees in my nieghborhood. This freak wind destroyed half of my props and all of my hard work. I am so pissed. Nothing like scambelling to finish for halloween.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Boy that sucks....we have the wind storm coming through tomorrow night and the high temps will go from mid 80s tomorrow to mid 50s on Wednesday with rain where I live and snow at higher elevations.

So I need to get all my wood in the garage tonight so I can work with it while it's dried out

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you'll have some dry, calm weather here in the next week so you can fix it up.

Good luck!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,288 Posts
I hate when that happens. :(

Hope you can fix your props.

I had my crypt roof ripped off and split into pieces last year. Had to glue it back together, and it actually looks like I meant it to have the cracks in it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. I kinda know how you feel. 2 years ago we had a huge storm come through and blow over many of our props... the sad part is, we caught it all on camera. Its both funny and sad to watch now... I hope you can repair and fix most of what you have... good luck!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Strong winds here in Chicago last night. My witch shed blew over and my new cemetery gate columns blew over, too. I suffered some minor damage. Will post some pictures later. I didn't put anything else out. I wanted to see how these things handled the wind. They didn't handle it as well as I had hoped, so I guess I learned something from it. Here's what it looked like before the wind:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts