Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a haunter- worse thing is bad weather( rain and wind) as you know- looks good in Northern NJ this Saturday- Sunny and high of 53- low of 39 at night0 but NO RAIN!!!!!!!Worst fear is always all this set up for hardly any ToTers- how's it looking in your area and any PLAN B's in case of bad weather?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Rain in the AM- but clear by TOT time. That's really messing with my set-up time! :mad:

That being said, one of my most impressive displays was on a drizzly night. There were minimal small props, but my dad lent his 1957 dump truck which was parked on the front yard- looking mighty impressive with lights, fog blasts from under the hood, and some spooky inhabitants.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just checked and it looks like rain in the Nashville area starting in the afternoon and going throughout the night. :( I just bought a bunch of costume materials, so that's a bummer. I'll be able to dress up for a "spooky night at the symphony" on Thursday, but it looks like I'll be staying in for the holiday instead of going to the neighborhood block party. Stinks! It wouldn't be so bad if trick-or-treaters came by, but I live in an apartment and kids don't trick-or-treat in our complex.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Florida is getting a cold front towards the end of the week, the high on Halloween is only 84! Ten percent chance of rain, and should be cool as the sun goes down.

·
Registered
396 Posts
High of 73 low of 56 and mostly sunny.

BUT they are called weatherman so they don't know wether it's going rain or wether it's going to be clear.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I am starting to get a little bummed about the weather. I has not rained in like a month and it was non-stop rain today. And it is suppose to be non-stop rain on Tues. and Wednesday. No rain on Thursday and Friday, but rain late Saturday. I was wanting to get a couple of hours in every night. I just hate leaving soooo much to Saturday.

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
The odds caught up to us this year; HEAVY RAIN Saturday. Oh, well, no animatronics, no fog, no lights. But will the kids come? Oh, yeah! And will they have fun? Oh, yeah!

·
Registered
186 Posts
70% chance of showers in lower MI....grrrr 4 years in a row...wait I take that back last year it snowed!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm HOPING for no rain but??? I spend several days or more setting up my garage as a haunted house and would be bummed if it rains and no one shows up. One year I didnt do it because it said rain all week and Halloween day around 3pm it stopped raining and cleared up until 2am. :(

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,130 Posts
Things around here have been really, really wet for the last several days....the remnants of Hurricane Patricia have been making any outdoor efforts next to impossible:

Patricia Remnants.JPG

Thankfully, the forecast continues to indicate that Friday and Saturday will see a break from it. If we actually an opportunity to dry out on Friday, and a rain-free ToT experience on Saturday, I won't have any room to complain. Fingers crossed!

Weather.JPG

1 - 20 of 51 Posts