Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how you guys deal with your yard haunts and weather changes. I have brought most of my props back into the garage twice since I have set it up due to rain. Does anyone here just leave their stuff out, even in the rain? I noticed today, when I was setting my stuff back out, that Jason's shoes (which were actually left out because the rebar runs through them) had some moldly looking stuff starting and even his shirt sleeve, which wasn't exposed to the rain, had started to form some little critters (I guess just from the dampness of being exposed to dew fall). Is there anything that I can put on my stuff to stop this from happening or can I just clean the clothes after Halloween to remove this? This being my second year, I don't have a lot of experience dealing with this kind of stuff and was wondering if anyone else has had the same thing happen and how they have dealt with it, if at all.

Thanks for reading! :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Not necessarily. I was actually thinking the same thing, but I was kind of worried that if it got too bad that I would have to replace the clothes next year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Never really thought about it. Usually leave everything out all the time. Have a pumpkin head guy that we used for 3-4 years now, and his clothes look good.
When done we just fold him up and put him in the shed. I only have static props. (for now)

·
Registered
291 Posts
We leave everything out. But then again, we are in a very dry climate in Colorado, so mold is not an issue. One year we had so much snow you could barely see the headstones. It's always a crap shoot here. There is no way we could ever bring stuff in. Too much work. If it can't survive our weather, it doesn't deserve to be in the yard.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Just don't mess with flickering lights in the rain like I did, I know now it's not a smart thing to do...LOL!

·
Horror off the Highway
1,795 Posts
I only have a few things out right now. I usually bring out all the big guns on the big day.

If it rains on Halloween a lot of props what would of been outside will regretfully stay in the house. I don't want them to get ruined.:(

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Mold is a real problem in the Tropics, especially in shady areas. Spritz the area with Lysol spray, no problema.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I can add to what Troxin is saying as we live in the same neck of the woods. I have lived in a few areas of the states but this humidity down south here takes on a whole new life of its own, heck your dishes won't even dry!!lol Takes a bit getting use to as I too was out west for a number of years there in Nebraska & Colorado.

I do build all my stuff to stay outside no matter what & coming from climates where there may be snow for Halloween(Chicago born & raised) I have always made my stuff ready for the elements. Now that Lysol thing....never heard that before but I say its worth a try. If it works in the tropics it outta work here.

As I said I have always just built my stuff to get wet altho I do have a question for those of you that have monster mud props outside. Next year we wanna build those mud men that Davis Graveyard has in their driveway, about 8 of them, they are 7ft. high I think, so I wondered what do you put on MM to be able to leave it in the rain?

One more thing......yup when its raining we shut our lights off, learned that last Xmas.

Muf

1 - 9 of 9 Posts