Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wonder if anyone knows a site or maybe someone here makes realistic Weapons. butcher knives, machetes, exc. cheap plastic ones are all over the net but i would like to find some that would really add a touch of realism to my props. thanks in advance :)

M

·
0 Posts
I use old circular saw blades or 1/8" thick plate steel to make my toys. I cut or shape them with a metal cut off wheel attached to an angle grinder. Replacement axe handles are relatively inexpensive to use as a handle, ($3.00 or so.), and you can get plate steel from Home Depot or Menard's starting at @ $6.00.

Just remember to be safe ( use gloves/eye protection/ hearing protection while you're cutting/shaping the metal.) I made a 4ft long machete for one of our actors for $12.00 3 years ago, and he's still terrorizing guests with it........muahahahahaahaaahaaa

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Real weapons -Fasten them down.

For display only , run a wire or small diameter steel cable around and drill two small holes just big enough for the cable to fit through then put a clamp on the backside of the board, wall, whatever you are using.
People get scared, some people might have been drinking and your prop can become your worst nightmare in one second of time.
I once had a skull on display on a shelf with an ice pick through it's eye socket.
A goofy 12 yr. old in the middle of a growth spurt (Who was already 6 foot tall) grabbed it and thrust it at my eyes!
All that kept me from injury was a premonition.
The ice pick was one of those old very skinny steel ones like a big needle.
The pick went "Bye-Bye" right after that.

·
Join my Doomsday cult!
963 Posts
If you make them from something that can actually cause damage, such as steel, you aren't making realistic weapons, you are making real weapons. Not something that should be found at a haunt.

As Gyms story says, real weapons in a haunt situation is just asking for injury, grief, and lawsuit.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for some info guys, "Lurks" not really looking for real metal or steel just something that looks like a real knife "M. Myers style" seems to be one of the only ones out there that do not look real. I have seen some nice looking axes and swords, but knives and machetes, good looking ones are hard to find :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
You can buy balsa wood online or your local hobby store and make a prop from that then paint it to look deadly if you can paint call the collage or high school art dept and they can hook you up with painting.that is what the pros do for props.

·
Registered
591 Posts
BadOleRoss,
I was look at some of your pics and what do you use for the corpse male skin?or do you buy those.love to make something that looks like that.and the female hanging little too real!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Weapons

I would use the real thing, but grind down the blade so that it is duller than a butter knife. A real machette is probably dirt cheap. Cheaper than what it would cost to make a fake one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts