Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though our three witches and cauldron are looking great I just wasn't excited about the rest of our plan for this year (fables from around the world) so we put our heads together and tried to come up with another theme that would incorporate our witches. We've decided on an Evil Candy theme. The witches will be made to look like they're building an evil candy army from their cauldron.
Ideas we have so far:
- candy corn army: candy corn with arms and legs and scary faces
- bobbing for apples: skeletons bobbing for apples with a monster rising from the tub
- a dentist tied to the grass with evil candy corn working their own kind of dentistry on him!
- signs with a candyland-type font

Any fun ideas pop to mind? We try to keep it fairly kid friendly but we can push it a little.
As always, thanks!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
This sounds so fun....sure to please all the TOTers for sure!!!!

What about some of the huge lollipops made from pool noodles (pinterest), you could add evil eyes (or the light up bush eyes) and big teeth...you could even have one that looks like he's eating someone (maybe that one person who's handing out apples and oranges...or even worse toothbrushes, lol).

You could have the dentist stuck in taffy so he can't get away as the rotten little candy corn tortures him.

If its a candy corn army your after, what about building a fox hole (I think that's what it's called idk) out of jolly ranchers, you could even hide behind it and shoot passerbys with a marshmallow gun...

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Popcorn balls would probably be a really good material to work with - not sure what you'd make out of 'em. (Maybe too old school?)

Maybe Sammy Davis Jr's "Candyman" slowed waaay waaaay dowwwwwwnnnnnn!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe you could have a ToT tied up with a red devil pouring a giant box of cinnamon red-hots into his mouth. Maybe even have steam (fog) coming out of the ToT's collar.
This would be awesome if you could put a vibrating mechanism in the ToT and then have a perpectual vaccuum or mechanism to continually pour red hots!

BTW I love the originality of the theme.

·
Registered
612 Posts

These are various candy props I've made for haunts or received as part of swaps here. It's so easy to take fake candy or cheap Halloween props and turn them evil. I love taking the Dollar Tree spiders, rats, bats, crows, etc. and covering them in glitter (or, coating in paint, then sand, then painting again for that sugary finish without the craft herpes all over the house) to look like disgusting snacks you'd never want to eat.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rojospider: How did you tint the quilt batting? What are the lollypops made from? They're great! Thanks so much for sharing the pics. So much inspiration!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I also did some cotton candy inspired by the tinted quilt batting idea. I used the colored cobwebs they were selling at Five Below, sprayed some glue onto paper cones, wrapped the cobwebs on, then covered them in plastic wrap. Same idea, just a shortcut if you can get by with green, purple, orange, or black webbing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the idea of a cotton candy 'abominable snowman.'

Also gingerbread children (with bites taken out of them) who tried to 'trick' the witches...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My daughter came up with a great idea this weekend. A giant evil lollypop licking a human head on a stick. Gruesome AND clever. That's my girl! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
Intellagirl
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing