Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between some of the larger props for this year's event, I was thinking - we need some little robots in the corners (ahhh -hemmm... Droids... to the Star Wars Lay People out there).

So let's knock out a quick Gonk Droid - AND an Interrogator Droid (See later pages for this guy)...

What is a Gonk droid?

Well...

When I asked my kids if they wanted this thing as a costume, I just received blank stares... so I guess this one is a static prop!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I began by making two supply run trips to get the parts - Home Depot and the Goodwill! At HD - I picked up 2 storage tubs & dryer hose. At the Goodwill, I picked up an aluminum serving tray approximately 10" wide. I already had some plumbing pieces, PVC, screws, paint tray, and paint, but you could pick these up at HD if necessary.

Total cost: $16.50 - 2 Tubs and the tray

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

A small antenna and the yogurt cups were installed with some left over hosing from the speeder bike. After some streaks of spray paint, he's mostly ready to start charging off. I'll probably do some minor brush painting to bring out some details, but overall, he's ready for Halloween!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Once again, you nailed it!!! Completely blown away by your work!! I can't even make my stuff look like what I picture in my mind, let alone something that would look at home on a Hollywood sound stage.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Or turn him upside down and give him the hot coil to the feet torture treatment.
You know - that would be a sweet effect! Having some fog shoot up from inside when the hot irons touch would be pretty amazing. Not sure if I'll have time, but if I get the itch to tweak, I'll post. Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
910 Posts
WOW! Great job........very imaginitive but............These aren't the droids you're looking for...........lol (sorry, old Jedi mind trick)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I feel like such a slacker after seeing all of the things you are building. Artie Deco isn't finished more than a year after I conceived the plan, and you've already built a BB-8, a speeder bike, an Imperial Guard mask, Endor base, a gonk droid, and the Force knows what else.

On the topic of droids, I came back from Dragoncon with my mind made up to build an actual R2 unit, though that will definitely be a long term project. For the short term, I'm looking at building a different droid, the WED Treadwell.

First, though, I have to do my Halloween stuff. Then finish Artie.

Exactly - it would be fun to have a while gaggle of broken down druids that pop sparks and make noises while people pass by...
No, not druids.

B'omarr monks. :D

It's in-keeping with the season.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts