Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife Jody and I have made it to the Hyatt convention center and are ready to PARTY! So far we've seen Allen Hopps and Ed and Marsha Edmunds. Great people! We'll be posting pics up very soon. There is an after party planned for this evening that promises to be a blast! SCARY-OKE here we come. :)

This is our FIRST convention and so far everyone has been so friendly its made it very easy to fit in.

I plan on checking in here often with updates so be sure and stop by for a look.

~Jack

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, here it is 11:15, and my wife and I are back in the hotel room. We went and tried the whole "Scary-Oke" thing, but it just wasn't that well attended. I have to admit we were a bit disappointed. From the video online we thought it would have been quite a party. When we left there might have been maybe 30 people there. I did recognize a few names from the forum, like Gothgloom and Deoblo85. But we didn't feel comfortable enough to just go up and say hello. Maybe tomorrow. Might have been the we didn't have anyone to hang out with tonight. Anyone that we might know hasn't arrived yet so we're just keeping ourselves busy. Hopefully tomorrow will be an exciting day.

Cheers!

This is Deoblo85 singing at Scary-Oke :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hope you had a better day!! I'm excited to go the masquerade ball tonight and the trade show tomorrow. Went to the trade show last year and had a blast. Taking a friend this year who has never been to it so that should be fun. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was nice meeting you too. Wish we could have meet up sooner it would have been nice to have some other people to talk to at Scary-oke, LOL.
All-in-all, we had a pretty good time at the con. Met some really nice people. (like yourself)
I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forum.

Cheers!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some photo's I took at HMC. For those that didn't make it...enjoy:

These are some shots of Friday night tour of the Scare Factory in Columbus Ohio. The owner (and I'm sorry to say I didn't get his name) was so gracious to let all of us tour their facility. Some absolute incredible props.

My wife and Frankie from Monster Squad

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On Saturday I made it to IMOP one of the BEST instructors at the convention, Allan Hopps:

He was instructing a class on advanced air brushing techniques for applying makeup. Just incredible! Fun, informative, and just around great guy.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saturday Night Masquerade Ball was a BALL!! Here are some photo's of the night that I got.
These are my friends that we hung out with. Highbury (Mike) and his buddy James.

Mike built this leg brace himself.

One of the MOST incredible body painting work there. Absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

SvenPuss (what a fun bunch of people) And Sooooo theatrical.

Me and Clearance Cleaver (Allan Hopps)

Me, Ed & Marsha Edmunds. Great people. Just so friendly and approachable. I was a real pleasure to meet them.

So that was most of the weekend in photo's. We had a really nice vacation, and this had really gotten me pumped up to get ready for the big day in October.

We met so many great people and had the most wonderful time. Looking forward to next year!

Cheers!

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
I'm glad you got pictures.
The written tour information said that no photography was allowed without permission, so we left our cameras at the hotel.
Then we saw that everyone was allowed to take photos.
We got a couple with the cell phone camera before the batteries died, but there was so much more that I wanted pictures of.
It was very cool seeing the molds and frames and innards of all of the huge props from the Transworld dark room.
Yeah, thanks Scare Factory for allowing us to tour your shop.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I left my camera at the hotel too. But then the owner said we could take pictures of whatever we wanted to so out came the iPhone camera. Like I said earlier, just a real pleasure to tour their factory. I got a chance to talk to the employees, and they were just so friendly and receptive to any questions we put to them. Must be so much fun to do that for a living. :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are some great pics! Keep em' comin guy and gals. Feel free to post your pics on this post.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts