Halloween Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Following up on my comment about enabling instant, daily, or weekly followed threads email updates. I still think this is a huge downgrade and just creates a ton of spam email when you can't adjust how frequently you get emailed thread updates. But more importantly, I'm noticing that with the new software the threads I've indicated that I want email updates on are only sending them to me maybe 40-50% of the time. Is there a reason why the forum isn't sending every thread reply for followed threads that have email notifications set to "on?" Is there a setting I'm missing? Anyone else notice this bug?

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Hey,

This isn't a bug. The new software will only send out 1 email notification for the thread you're watching when it gets a new reply. So instead of before where it would send out a notification for every reply, now it will send out an email notification for the first reply to let you know there are new replies there. Then, once you come and checked that thread, it'll remember that you've now seen the replies and send you out a new notification when a new reply is made. It does this to avoid spamming your inbox for every reply.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
On a members profile page, do you see the "find" button? Clicking on that should give you the option to search specifically for threads started by the user.

I can't find the "find" button. I'm specifically looking for the "find all threads" link on user profiles.

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
View attachment 716474

You can also click the replies or discussions number on a user's info card. "Discussions" will give you the threads.
-Philip
Thank you Phillip but I'm still not finding exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a list or index of threads started by a member - not a list of all the discussions they have participated in. I can find my index by going to my profile-following-my discussions and an index of threads that I have started will appear. If I try your instructions on a member's profile I get all of the discussions they have posted in; not a list of threads they have started. So say, a 2 year member has started 10 threads- this is the list I'm looking for, just the 10 items. If I go to their profile then click on "discussions" I'm seeing a list of 200 threads they have participated in. I only want the ten. And I have no "find" button.

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
At the moment advanced search is disabled while its under maintenance. The button will pull up the info, its just a bit of a mess right now in how it orders it. We hope to be releasing new search products soon.
-Philip

·
Registered
211 Posts
Would REALLY like the opportunity to edit posts in the Vendor section, as information in my original post is always changing with new releases, pricing, offerings, new info, etc. I was able to do this with the old format, but don't see a way to do it anymore. Is there a way that the edit option can be turned on per forum section/category? That would really be helpful for us vendors.

THANKS!

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Would REALLY like the opportunity to edit posts in the Vendor section, as information in my original post is always changing with new releases, pricing, offerings, new info, etc. I was able to do this with the old format, but don't see a way to do it anymore. Is there a way that the edit option can be turned on per forum section/category? That would really be helpful for us vendors.

THANKS!
I don't believe that is an option at this time, but I am checking on this.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Advanced search is back!

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Simply enter your search word or phrase and click enter on your keyboard.

How To Access Advanced Search

If you have already entered your search words in the search bar but want to narrow down your results or choose to search only certain forum selections, click on “Advanced Search”.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from the scroll menu within search in forums.

If you prefer to go directly to advanced search, you can access it under the 3 vertical dots at the top right-hand corner of the community.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
19 Posts
Navigate to the gallery.

On the gallery page, click to add media.

Or, if you already have an album in your gallery, click on "Your Albums" first and then click to add media.

Once you click on "add media" some choices will pop up. Select to create a new album or add to an existing album.

If you selected to add to an existing album it will show you albums. Click the one (with a folder) to open the album, then click to upload a file.

If you choose to create a new album, it will pop up with more options to name the album, etc. Then you can upload the media.

Edit Gallery
Navigate to Gallery, select “Your media” in the left sidebar

Open the Gallery item you wish to edit by clicking on it. Below the image on the bottom right is a 3 dot menu icon, click this to access the More edit options menu

Jeff M

141 - 156 of 156 Posts