Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1065 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
I love a pirate theme and vow to do one before I quit haunting, but for next year, I have to resurrect the witches that were put back due to the weather. Pirates might be one of my rotating themes starting after that though. so many neat things to do with them.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
Nay, no pirate theme for me, though I be sorely tempted to try pirate reenacting...but alas, time is not my friend and that's an idea that shall have to remain a mere idea for lo these many years.

That said...I could probably work something piratical into my "shadows" theme for 2013

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was planning to ditch the pirate theme this year, but just couldnt do it. I have so many pirate props and costumes, it make it a little difficult to alter course. Maybe I'll just expand on it next year.

·
Capt o' the Mourning Star
600 Posts
Aye Lassy,

Tis' a Pirate's life for me...........:D!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i did a pirate theme back when pirates of the carribean came out. it was a big hit. plan on doing one again someday. but next year shadows
paint it black, that is one fine looking lad

·
Registered
439 Posts
Aside from Halloween being Irish and a good handfull of Pirates originating from there as well, I really can;t find a noteworthy reason to do a Pirate them (Let's be honest, I seldom if ever have a "theme" in a general sense of the word, but make it all work last minute, since I decorate the day-of)

Honestly, I could probably pull it off, considering the locality that I live in.

However, it is always nice to see. This year, I went through Celebration, FL (A city of Multi-Millionaires) to see the houses and the synchronized music/light displays that often encompass multiple homes. It was pleasant to get compliments from the locals that my car was "a better display" than the houses I was listening to/watching. Anyhow, there is this fellow who does an entire visage over his mammoth house and decorates all-out with skeleton Pirates everywhere. While impressive, it is so only in girth, as with the obvious time and money involved, I feel we from the Forum could do much better. Maybe I can dig up some photos. I didn't take any, but may just know someone who does.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I love the idea of doing a Pirate Theme. But I dont see doing it at my house for a little while yet.

I am however helping my friend with his pirate theme next year. He wants three different scenes: a cannon fight, a sing along, and a Tortuga scene.
He started this year with the ship battle scene, but he had to pull it down for the hurricaine.

Me at my house, I am sticking to the cemetary, but I am adding a walk through mausoleum.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive only done pirates up to now and my goal is:
Whe i finally finish building the boat canal and my pirates eat the tourists, i will rest easy.....

Now back to building more pirate props!

1 - 20 of 1065 Posts