Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a way to make greatstuff spray out the can like sprayfoam??

This would work so much better for a majority of my props. I hate that when you use greatstuff it comes out like a big long line of cat poop. Though, it does help on certain applications.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I remember seeing a website somewhere and they were making forever pumpkins with great stuff. I think they made a sort of flattened cone and put it on the end of the straw, so the foam sprayed more flatter...hmmm flatter? Anywho, I'll try to find the link.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you let it dry a bit and then pat is down with gloved hands, you can get interesting effects.

I have also pulled it to make strings while it is still very tacky.

I also spritz it with water to speed up the drying time.

You can kind of see where I used great stuff to join the Egyptian molding together in the background of this picture. I used both the pat down and stringy methods.

Halloween 2008 :: IMG_0152.jpg picture by bradbaum - Photobucket

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I haven't tried it yet. The thought of using compressed air regulated at the tip area of the spray can. That way the foam is splattered as it exits the can. I'm curious, so I may try it to see the effect. May have something going with this.

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
Here's something cheap and easily adjustable (and holds it's adjustment) to use to blow the foam (if you're going to try the compressed-air-across-the-can-nozzle idea):
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I like the one I have...just twist it for more air, or less...simple, easy, adjustable.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great ideas!! thanks macsrealm for the link!! I remember in one of my many books/mags. There was an idea of using a super soaker to spray foam. Though, you would have to get a 2 part foam concoction to use it. Maybe cheaper in the long run. I will hunt for it and post back.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like great stuff has a gun for their product. Though still does not spray out. It looks like could be more hackable. Plus, you need to use GREAT STUFF PRO.

GREAT STUFF PRO™ Window & Door

...oh, could not find the super soaker thing....grrrr!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I cannot in the least offer any suggestions, but I HAD to read this after that description you gave!! You made my day man!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Up to date the best technique I've found is to spray some on whatever and then take a putty knife and spread it so it's a very thin coat so it looks like there's hardly any there....What little bit is there puffs up a little bit and looks pretty cool actually...I've done this technique on columns, roof and crypt sign I made last year..For cleaning the metal putty knife, I simply let it cure and then took a second putty knife and scraped it off..ZR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts