Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had a candy pennywhistle once, but I don't think I ever got a wax harmonica. You may want to try contacting some of the vintage candy e-shops and see if they know anyone who makes them. I looked through a few and did not see any in inventory.

M

·
0 Posts
Here's a pic of the 'Wowee' label from the product-

http://theimaginaryworld.com/sadbox07.jpg

The Wowee Whistle was the name, though it was really more like a harmonica. Haven't been made in a long time, not since the 70's at least, but it gets a few mentions online here and there.

I can remember the flavour of the chewy wax, sorta Beeman's gum flavouring.

There is a rumour that Concord Confections (current makers of Dubble Bubble and the Wack-O-Wax Lips) is going to bring the Wowee Whistle back to our Halloween bags, and I hope it's true. Just to hold one again... ah!

Mike C.

M

·
0 Posts
Another link for you, a March of '04 press release-kinda page about the aforementioned Concord Confections Wowee Whistle re-launch.

http://www.coinoptoday.com/newsflash/newprod/concordconcandyexpo05-06-2004.html

Hope the URL works.
Anyway it looks like they've been offering them for a few years now! Good for us! Can someone find a link to a real retailer! I'd buy them right now to have for this Halloween!

Mike C.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Icemanfred. Looking forward to hearing what's up. Never had them as a kid but we had tones of chewy things out of wax in all sorts of undefinable flavors. I think they turned all our wax treats into scented candles. LOL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Wax Harmonicas? Good grief Charlie Brown I havn't thought of those in years!

I loved those things.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well one week past and no response from my email inquiry
anyone in Canada wanna try that phone number??

·
Registered
565 Posts
We'en12amEternal said:
Oh the nostalgia...gonna have to order up some if they're available...

My wife thinks I'm a big enough kid, ordering some of these would really put me over the top.

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
Mmmm, chewy wax...oh, sorry. Just checkin' in to see if anyone was able to get a hold of the company selling them.

(Yeah Shadowjack, I get that enough-with-the-kid-stuff-already vibe too! *sigh* But I can't resist...)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well my wife knew she married a big 10 year old years ago. Now its starting to show more the older I get. Were still wanting to get a house, and every time we talk about it I get the "You are not turning the front lawn into a graveyard" look.

Damn!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yup, I remember getting these back when I was a kiddo at Halloween. I hope they are back out this next year, I can still remember their odd flavor... don't think I've tasted anything else quite like them before.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts