Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wild Fandango
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've decided to get a little more ambitious with my Halloween decorating this year, I've been wondering what things you leave out and which you pull in at the end of the night, or at the very least, if it looks like it's going to rain. I bought a few plastic skeletons and both of them say something like "Not for use in adverse weather conditions." I'm not sure if that means "no moisture at all" or "don't put them out in a hurricane."

Also I live in South FL near the coast so salt water corrosion is also a potential problem. I don't think we've ever had much of a problem with our Christmas decorations, though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The only thing that I don't leave out are my fog machines. I really only run them on "the night" anyways so it's not an issue. My Cheese cloth ghost and my FCG live inside so they are not affected, but if I did run them outside, they would come in. I do run lighting throughout my graveyard in the form of those clip on flood lights (red/green/blue lights), and they have been fine in the rain, I have run them for several Halloween seasons now. The fence, gravestones, ground breakers, spiders, giant spiderweb all weather the storms just fine...

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/elguapoguano-albums-2010-yard-haunt.html

http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/elguapoguano-albums-2010-yard-haunt.html

·
Registered
273 Posts
I wanna know what you guys are all doing for waterproofing your electrical connections. I use sandwhich ziplock baggies over each outdoor electrical extension chord when it plugs into something else. It's just a little tacky looking, so not sure if there's something better to do.

·
Wild Fandango
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've considered getting small snap-top food storage containers (the kind with the rubber gasket) - you can sometimes find really tiny ones, and cutting slots from the top just wide enough to let the cord through (not the plugs). Then sealing it up with either the expensive grade electrical tape or even pure silicone sealant which is easy enough to peel off afterward.

I've never even used baggies on my Christmas lighting but I probably should be doing something to keep them dry. Of course with any method you have to be careful that water won't get trapped inside the sealed area and then never dry out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts