Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have shop ko stores (like a cheap target) near you, be very wary of their 40/50 % off sales. Ours already has stuff marked on sale but they have marked the merchandise up before putting it on "sale".
At Christmas last year I went in with a friend and we were looking at some little christmas village type house things that were marked 50% off and the original price was $49.99 and she commented that the original price last week was only 19.99 because she had bought the same one so I asked the a kid stocking the shelves and he admitted to me that they do this because corporate makes them.
So buyer beware

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
mernards around here does that. before halloween i go around and write down items i want and their prices. lol. they will say 50% off, but yet it is still the price i wrote down prior

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Makes you wonder about the so called "roll back" at Walmart huh?

·
Curator of the random
652 Posts
Makes you wonder about the so called "roll back" at Walmart huh?
Well I can't speak for all of them, corporate-wise, but the 2 or 3 in my area seem to give everyone a fair shake. Plus the whole 'rollback' generally isn't a 'sale' price that ends in a week or two, at least, not in my experience.

Not like the 'discount' furniture stores that have a 'sale'. They boast 50-75% or more off. The fine print however, declares that the percentage is based on the 'compare at price' of their competitors....

Example: a couch that 'normally' sells for $1000 is at '50% off', that should make the final 'sale' price $500, right?

Wrong! In the fine print it says that the 'compare at price', or what their competitors charge, allegedly, is what the 50% off is based on.

So let's say the 'compare at' price is $1500. Then you 'discount' the 50% and now the table is $750. So in truth, you're not getting 50%, you're actually getting 25%....

The lesson here, ALWAYS read the fine print...

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
Wow that is a shame! Darn retailers! lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts