Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used washer that I will be throwing out, are there any parts that I can use for a halloween prop? Any suggestions would be great.:confused:

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
the motor...

take out the guts and make a trash can trauma...set it by the curb with a bunch of other crap on Halloween...should surprise a few

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hot/cold valve is used in air props, timer, wiring harness with connectors are a couple parts I can think of.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Counter weight, pullies, cable belt any eletrical connections you can find all of the switches including the micro swith for the cover that shuts the machine off when you open it, the locking mechinism that hold the cover shut during the spin cycle, and the relays inside the control panel. That should about cover it:D, oh yeah and the hot and cold water valves from the back, although I prefer the water valve from a dishwasher for my pneumatic applications, but no sense in thowing away a perfectly good valve.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! thanks partsman, and to think I almost just threw the whole thing away:eek:

Thank you Bradbaum daddywoofdog, and Scatterbrains for the replies!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Washing machines, dish washers, can openers, microwaves, refrigerators and such are great sources for parts, when you spend as much time around the transfer station in town as I do, you pick up alot of stuff like this, I especially like refrigerators for the compressors, they don't put out a lot of volume, but put together with a storage tank ( old propane tank), they make a nice quiet air source for pneumatic props.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts