Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok wanted to get some feed back what would you guys think of doing a monthly craft project
we have so many creative people thought it would be cool to pick something each month and just see what people come up with
example could be just like something with witches as the theme
and you could create what ever you wanted with that and then we share pics of what we did

throwing it out there what do you guys think ya or na

lets here the feed back

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
Ok wanted to get some feed back what would you guys think of doing a monthly craft project
we have so many creative people thought it would be cool to pick something each month and just see what people come up with
example could be just like something with witches as the theme
and you could create what ever you wanted with that and then we share pics of what we did

throwing it out there what do you guys think ya or na

lets here the feed back
I thought about that once, I am in if we do..but I never like my own stuff, so can we draw a name and winner has to take all?? or make it a contest of some sort? otherwise I'll end up with my stuff piling up that I don't want! LOL there are so many things we could do..witch theme, tombstone (which I have yet to ever make one) invitations, creepy doll, wreaths, and .....:D

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
I think it would be fun comparing what different projects people come up with.
Kelloween, you could always sell them in your shop, or give as SR gifts or something. Everyone else likes your creations!
To me it would be better not to be a contest, because then you have to make a bunch of rules. Makes things more complicated.
But setting a theme or idea to work around would make it more fun. We could brainstorm for themes/ideas and then select from those each month. People could participate in whatever months they could, or all the months if they want.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
People could participate in whatever months they could, or all the months if they want.
That is along the lines of what I was thinking. Basically, someone should list a theme each month (or possibilities could be voted upon and whittled down), then anyone who would like to participate could join in and get to work on a project, without feeling pressured. As for having it be a contest, I have never been a big fan of them, since they tend to bring out the worst qualities in many cases; I would not like to see members here start alienating/resenting anyone, as happened in another thread that I used to participate in.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is along the lines of what I was thinking. Basically, someone should list a theme each month (or possibilities could be voted upon and whittled down), then anyone who would like to participate could join in and get to work on a project, without feeling pressured. As for having it be a contest, I have never been a big fan of them, since they tend to bring out the worst qualities in many cases (granted, school left a very bad taste in my mouth, which does not help my outlook).
exactly what i was thinking pib and garth
this way like you said there is no pressure it is not a contest . its just picking a theme each month and see what great stuff the members come up with to let our creativity flow .

if we come up with the list then like pib said everyone would know what is coming and what ones they would like to do.

what is the best way you think to come up with a list that will be easiest for us?

·
Far Away Eyes
3,354 Posts
Here's an idea - everyone could submit their theme ideas and we could vote on our favorite 12. I don't know how to set up a voting mechanism, so someone else would have to be able to set that up.

Either that, or have someone be in charge. We all submit ideas. The person in charge could make the selection and run things.

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's an idea - everyone could submit their theme ideas and we could vote on our favorite 12. I don't know how to set up a voting mechanism, so someone else would have to be able to set that up.

Either that, or have someone be in charge. We all submit ideas. The person in charge could make the selection and run things.

i like this and i know how to set up a poll so we can theb vote on them and see what one will be first second and so on

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok here is some ideas i have in no certain order that i will throw out there

voodoo
witch
fortune/ gypsy teller
doll make over
vampire
Tumbstone / cematary
pumpkin
spooky forest

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Some ideas/themes:

* Lab specimen
* Haunted toy
* Creepy candleholder
* Freakish photo(s)
* Carnival
* Skeletons
* Ravens, crows, owls, vultures, etc.
* Spiders
* Rats
* Ghosts
* Demons
* Dark angels/fairies
* Frankenstein
* Werewolf
* Steampunk
* Victorian
* Dark Ages
* Masquerade
* Mythology
* Urban legends

·
Vintage Halloween'er
2,994 Posts
hilda's famous blow mold make overs :D

candles or lights

something with fangs

a halloween food container..like plate, bowl, tea pot..ect

wreath

I think I'm repeating,,,

spellbook

a Halloween clock?

paper mache

I like everyone's ideas, because like jewelry..thats something I have never made

1 - 20 of 63 Posts