Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this together in a day and a half. The extra half day was only because I had to come in for dinner. All the wood is from 1 pallet. I used the standard build for the arm and head. There is a dowel in the head side, that goes into the skull which allows some freedom of movement. I plan on giving it an internal light and motion sensor. The bicep has a length of pool noodle on it to give it a little girth.

Shiatzu Toe Grabber

I figured I needed a lightweight hand so the arm would not slow down, so I took a flower shaped pool noodle, carved off some pieces, hot glued the segments, and put together a hand. I dipped it in grey primer to give it a coating, and it's still drying.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thats great! I have been wanting to do something with a shiatzu. I have seen 2 so far at garage sales this summer, but each time they have wanted $10+ for them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
GREAT GREAT GREAT work Warrant!

That thing has really long arms, be careful of the weight tho, as I have had problems in the past with too much weight on a Shiatzu. (broke the pvc after a while).

Your movement is awesome!

The thrift stores that I hit usually have them for about $7-$10. Sometimes $5, I wish they were FREE!!! LOL

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks. At the thrift store I got 1 shiatzu for $8, and on a different trip another cost $9.

Wifeypoo: "Warrant, time for dinner!"
Me: "Awww, just 5 more minutes?!"
Wifeypoo: "Your dinner is getting cold!"
Me: Just 1 more minute?!"
Wifeypoo: "Warrant2000 you get in here right now and wash your hands for dinner!"
Me: Awww..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts