Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what I have sketched out:

The flow comes in, turns left, and makes a clockwise loop around the perimeter of my backyard. The trampoline in the center has that net with the tall metal bars, and will hold ropes (black dashed lines) which will hold black plastic separation walls. This whole area is open air with a cyclone fence all the way around.

Big brown square shape is my house - garage on the bottom right. Graveyard will be a static display with a shiatsu dude.

Backyard is about 50' x 50'.

Toxic Control Room is static display, sound fx, smoke, etc. (see below)
Playhouse will have a green light inside, maybe some static bodies.
Toxic Storage is my shed, emblazzened with large HAZMAT signs, police tape. Drop panel as they approach and are looking at the...
Spider Tree holds my giant spider, black light, spider sacs.
Zombie Run will have live actors, a few static zombies, strobe light, sound fx. The back fence is solid, so the field of view is straight ahead.
Autopsy Room has a doctor and patient getting carved up, lots of wierd things in medical jars, etc.

A few things:
1. I'm not happy with the single entrance/exit to my back yard, but I have no way around it.
2. Toxic Control Room is in my back patio frame, will be lined with black plastic. I'm having trouble visualizing the Toxic Control Room other than static dead bodies, flashing red light, smoke, 55 gallon drums labeled Toxic Waste, black light, neon colored great stuff. I'm trying to figure some sort of control panel with knobs and gauges.
3. I'm still not sure about the Crazed Autopsy Room - not sure if it "fits". Goal was that this is where the zombies or humans get chopped up by my crazed doctor. I'm trying to think of what else could go there.
4. I'm not happy about the "just about to leave the backyard" point. It kind of flops after the Autopsy area.
5. I know I'll have some sort of congestion with the combined entrance/exit.

Your candid and brutal input is desired and requested.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MsMeeple. Ya know, I sat down and actually wrote out a list of all the props I have to create to make this happen. I was surprised when I got past 15 and still was not finished adding things. :eek:

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
Kudos to you Warrant for getting it on paper...

Why can't you have the haunters come out on the other side of the house, so you don't have the single in/out.

I'm facing the same dilema, but I know the simple solution is to put a gate in the fence on the other side. However, to do that, I'd have to remove a 6' bush, and I'm not sure the lil lady will be happy with that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kudos to you Warrant for getting it on paper...

Why can't you have the haunters come out on the other side of the house, so you don't have the single in/out.

I'm facing the same dilema, but I know the simple solution is to put a gate in the fence on the other side. However, to do that, I'd have to remove a 6' bush, and I'm not sure the lil lady will be happy with that.

On both sides of the house is a solid wood fence that reaches the other house. The gate is the only way in/out of my backyard. I actually tried to talk Wifeypoo into letting me make an enclosed tunnel entrance from the front door, through the living room, out the back patio door so ToT's could access the backyard and have the right side path be just the exit. She gave me that look of, "You MUST be high."

I'm in military housing, so the house actually belongs to them. Although I'm very capable and would like to, I can't rip out fence.

To clarify the picture a bit, the brown block is the house and connected garage, the garage being the bottom right square shape. The horizontal light-blue rectangles are the fences that reach house-to-house.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I'm in military housing, so the house actually belongs to them. Although I'm very capable and would like to, I can't rip out fence.

Okay, so don't rip out the fence...just remove a section. How difficult would it be to unscrew/unbolt a section big enough for tots to walk through? The fence can't be that great, since it's military housing and the contract went to the lowest bidder. (I spent half my life living in military housing)

That's another option I'm looking at instead of building a gate...remove a few slats and have ToTs step through the hole. Make sure you have someone to help the ToTs in for safety reasons. Then put the fence back together the next morning.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, so don't rip out the fence...just remove a section. How difficult would it be to unscrew/unbolt a section big enough for tots to walk through? The fence can't be that great, since it's military housing and the contract went to the lowest bidder. (I spent half my life living in military housing)

That's another option I'm looking at instead of building a gate...remove a few slats and have ToTs step through the hole. Make sure you have someone to help the ToTs in for safety reasons. Then put the fence back together the next morning.
Devious! :)

Halloweenbarb, the back door for the garage is actually on the right side of the house (not pictured, but just below the Industrial Sound FX caption), so ToT's would dump out into the same pathway.

I would like to post a picture of the entrance/exit side of the house, but I'm shamefully embarrassed by the amount of crap I have sitting outside, waiting for me to put/throw away.

Thanks everyone for the input and ideas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts