Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm glad to join this forum; I have prowled around as a guest quite frequently and have been repeatedly impressed with the diverse subject matter and overall community comradery.

I'm a paleontology & ecology student in the Northwestern United States with a great love for all things Halloween. I'm the "spooky" girl in my department, and I'm probably a little too proud of that. Having grown up in Southern California with the wonderful Halloween scene there - which is decidedly absent where I live now - has had a big influence on me. Knott's Scary Farm, Universal Horror Nights, Sea World's events and other haunt events were almost religious destinations for me, and when they were in the off-season I rode The Haunted Mansion more times than is probably healthy ;). I am about as much a novice as one can be, but I hope to eventually operate a haunt event (I would love to tackle a "haunted museum"). I make my costume every year (often sculpting a mask, as can be seen in my avatar) and have turned my dorm building into a mini-haunt a few times for a Halloween decorating contest. Hopefully I can add to the wealth of knowledge in this forum if I can, though I think I will probably be on the learning-end of most treads.

For those who may be wondering, a Machairodont is a subfamily designation for extinct saber-toothed cats. Yes, I'm a nerd...and proud of it :D!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome aboard, i think you will find we are all the norm here, and the few that don't halloween bound are the off key ones. we know how to howlllll.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome aboard, Zombie Machairodont !(I'll fess up--I had to cut and paste your name, although I think it's pretty cool given your explanation)
I've only been on the forum for a week or two so it feels a little bit early for me to be doing the welcoming, but I wanted to let you know that my brief experience here has shown me that these are friendly, knowledgable, and talented people--as you certainly appear to be. I think you'll find you've stumbled into a great resource and community. Your interests and knowledge will probably make you a good resource for the rest of us, too.
Haunty McSpooks (another proud nerd -- but just a plain old Halloween one).

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi ZM..

Plenty of great advice from some great people here...

Welcome to the funny farm. :D

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Welcome to our little family:)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Hi!

My name is Louis!

I like to play with dead things too! I am in the death care industry. But on the accounting side thank goodness! No where near the funeral homes! Lol!

Don't let my costume fool ya!

Welcome aboard!:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome before my intro disappeared into the dark recesses of the introduction forum's backlog. I'm continually impressed by the brilliant, mad-scientist minds behind the cool stuff here, and like I said with my first post, the community comradery is probably the best I've encountered on the web thus far.

Maleficent, Creepy Crawler, Wristslitter, Baron Samedi, rnrkid, Terra, Junit, Glass 'Eye,' Scareme, Spookilicious Mama: Thank you! I'm glad I found this forum!

Hallorenescene: It really is wonderful to be among like-minded Halloween fans. I can come here and bask in all the images and feelings from my favorite time of year, even when there's a February blizzard just outside my window!

Bear: Aww, thank you for the Voltaire/Deady goodness!

Haunty McSpooks: Thanks! There's so much inspiration here, and I couldn't agree more that it is populated by "friendly, knowledgeable, and talented people." I have to admit, it seems easy to get an inferiority complex from all the amazing professionals and hard-core hobbyists, but I hope I can add my two-cents when I can. And is there such a thing as a plain old Halloween nerd:D?

Bethene: Thank you! Paleontology and Halloween really are the two big obsessions in my life. Yeah, I'm hopelessly fascinated by fossils. Working around animal bones as much as I do, Halloween-ish thoughts come all too readily.

Naberhoodhaunts: He he...I'm going to have to deny the zombie hoards my brains, at least until I'm finished with school;).

Louis (TheCostumer): Hello and thanks! I will admit, I like my dead things when they aren't...squishy...anymore. My biology classes get me closer to fresh things more often than I necessarily like, so I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

Again, thanks all!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts