Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warm fuzzies one week later

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just went out and got my mail and in the box was a small envelope addressed to "Halloween House" along with our address

Inside was a small thank you card which reads;

"To the caretakers of the Halloween house. Just a note of thanks for the wonderful display you put on this year. My children absolutely loved it, as did I and several of our friends who also visited. The work you do to give so many a fun and memorable Halloween is just amazing, and each year we all look forward to coming to your place and seeing what is new. My kids are still talking about your place! Can't wait to see what you come up with next year!."

The note was signed with their name, but one I don't recognize so it's likely not someone from our immediate neighborhood.

I just thought that was really cool for someone to take the time and show their appreciation. Makes it all worthwhile!

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
That's awesome! I've never heard of anything like that before! Although "Can't wait to see what you come up with next year" puts pressure on you to completely out do yourself next year!!:p

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome! I've never heard of anything like that before! Although "Can't wait to see what you come up with next year" puts pressure on you to completely out do yourself next year!!:p

Yikes! Never thougt of that!
I'm thinking it might have been due in some way to the little paper notes we attatched to each candy bar thanking people for visiting our haunt. Maybe someone wanted to respond in kind. In any event, it was a nice thing to do for sure.

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
That's really cool. I always expect a card from my neighbors saying thank you for finally taking it down lol Just joking, my neighbors are actually finally starting to get into after 7 years.

MsM

·
Registered
647 Posts
That is so wonderful! It's things like this that make it all worth it, isn't it? Even with the occasional vandalism and theft, it's the bigger picture that matters. We literally bring joy to people.

That's what it's all about :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts