Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year my nephew brought a 'Apple Pie' I think apple cider and everclear, it was good but it needed to be warm.

1. Does anyone have any recipies for warm alcohol drinks.

2. If I was to run this through a large coffee maker would it 'burn off' the alcohol??

·
Banned
535 Posts
I think best bet is too warm the apple cider and then pour in the booze. I know when they make those "booze coffees" I dunno what they are called but the booze is added last.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Apple Pie is the BEST drink for fall parties!!

1 gal apple juice
1 gal apple cider
1 cup sugar
cinnamon sticks
Simmer all over a low heat for couple hours. Remove, let cool.

Add 1 liter Everclear.

DEEEELICIOUS!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Something else that's really yummy is hot chocolate with a little bit of Butter Shots in it. It's probably ok if you make a big batch of the chocolate first and then add the butter shots to it. Probably 1/2 a shot for each chocolate serving you make...or more depending on how "warm" you want to get. :p

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
Mmmm, hot chocolate with Butter Shots sounds yummy!

Our local winery has a Hallo-Wine that is best served warm. It's got a hot spiced apple cider taste. I don't normally like wine, but this stuff is really good.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys!

Sounds like everyone is on the same page about adding alcohol after cider is heated. I have a large coffe Urn that I keep hot Apple Cider in, but until last year never thought about having the everclear or vodka on the side.

I have tried the Hallo wine, not bad, first time did not heat it up...yucky.

Have to think about the hot chocolate, even if not for halloween it sounds great for the winter!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mulled Wine Cider

One of my favorite fall/winter drinks is mulled wine. Ironically I hate wine. Basically all it is :

Bottle of red wine
1 carton of Aspen Mulling Company spice mix
1/2 bottle of Cranberry Juice (I use the Cran-Grape)
Add sugar to taste

Add all ingredients into a crock pot on medium and enjoy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Apple Pie is the BEST drink for fall parties!!

1 gal apple juice
1 gal apple cider
1 cup sugar
cinnamon sticks
Simmer all over a low heat for couple hours. Remove, let cool.

Add 1 liter Everclear.

DEEEELICIOUS!
Oh my! Sounds great, I think I'll try it :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Something that can be drunk warm is Sake. Sake has about 12-15% alcohol, and can pretty much be substituted into any recipe calling for vodka.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't know if this is what you're thinking or not. When it gets cold outside I like hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps or malibu rum. It all depends on whether you want a peppermint patty or a mounds bar.

·
Registered
181 Posts
ok, I have never thought of malibu rum with hot chocolate!! I make "to go" mugs up for my friends and give them a mug of goodness for when they are taking their kids around. We live in Alberta Canada and we have snow, ususally. So they love the treat! I think that I will make spiked apple cider and Hot Malibu Chocolate this year! Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts