Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,433 Posts
Well, I can tell you that something is cocoa puffs with that listing. No way they're selling that unit for $76, that's a $500 projector. Take a look at the specs in that listing, it's showing a weight of 2 lbs. and the lumens at 300. The IN2124 probably weighs around 7 lbs. ebay is your best bet for a decent projector on the cheap.
As for your window scrim, I just got done setting one up using a 2000 lumen projector and a $2 white shower curtain liner from WalMart, amazing results. It doesn't matter where the projector is behind the scrim, you can walk right up to the window and the projector beam is totally invisible.

· Registered
4,433 Posts
As a possible option, maybe sell the gift cards to a co-worker or someone you know for $5 less than face value. Use the money to shop on ebay. There's usually plenty of used Epson projectors with a lot of lamp hours left that are in your budget range.

· Registered
4,433 Posts
J-Man,
Would you mind sharing the name/model of your projector? Also I assume Walmart sells multiple brands of shower curtains, so do you remember which one you bought? Thank you for your help!!
I have several Epson PowerLite 82c, also called EMP-82. All were purchased on ebay each for $100 or less. These were used in schools a lot and are usually available. Just be sure to get one that has plenty of lamp hours left and be sure the description clearly states that it is working. The shower curtain is actually a LINER, white, not frosted. Throw it in the dryer on low heat for about a minute to get the fold lines out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.