Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Extremely cool. What so-called "horror" movies are missing today — a real scare. My hair stood on end when the ghoul first got close in the hallway.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,482 Posts
Proof that there's new, scary things to be filmed. Things that aren't remakes, updates, sequels or "re-imaginings."

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Yrs. ago a man wanted to collect videos of Haunts to create a compilation video from them. I sent him a very short video I made of Ravens Grin. He later told me it scared him! He popped the tape in as he was standing in his own living room. After it was over he called his Cousin in to see it too! (He may have said it scared his Cousin too, I'm not sure after all of these years.)
"Simple" can be the most effective sometimes.
IT opens looking at the Dam site of the 1838 dam, you see a small stream, trees, a long mowed piece of grass maybe 200 feet to the woods by 400 feet wide and the large stone wall that used to be the aquaduct... the lense moves slowly across from left to right then slowly pans up.. there you see Ravens Grin, perched up high, seemingly all by itself, seeming to be the house belonging to this massive distant estate of river-woods, and my deep voice slowly says:"The House,...the house!"
.....this was all it took! He was scared!
I don't own the 200 feet of mowed grass, the City does, I don't own the forest. The city parking lot can not be seen from this angle, so the house seems to be on the edge of a cliff, possibly? If the camera were moved ever so slightly to the right, the back ends of the downtown storefronts could not remain hidden any longer ! Located in downtown Mount Carroll, Illinois!
Some Fun, huh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts