Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the animatronics. Don’t remember these from last year. The majority of the ones towards the top with the red exclamation mark ❗ might be new. If nothing else, I know we saw that grave digger prop on another board (sorry I forgot which one) but was interested to see possible beginning price points.

Liked the idea of this guy being an entrance you can walk though!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting! Those prices are terrible, however. I suspect the vast majority will not be in store. If they are, as I've said before, find a location near you of Halloween or Party City that has a lot of inventory, then get there right after Halloween as a majority of the mid-sized and larger animatronics will be 75% off, and the ones that aren't will be 50%..

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I actually do plan to request my first ever personal loan of a few thousand for Halloween this year. Mr. Covid19 isnt changing a thing for me in my neck of the woods (Iowa), I'm just gonna plan accordingly. Some of the prop at HE go up to $15K ..wowzers! I need to start building my own already for a fraction of that.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I actually do plan to request my first ever personal loan of a few thousand for Halloween this year. Mr. Covid19 isnt changing a thing for me in my neck of the woods (Iowa), I'm just gonna plan accordingly. Some of the prop at HE go up to $15K ..wowzers! I need to start building my own already for a fraction of that.
Huh? What at Halloween Express goes for $15k? If they link to some other site, like Morris Costumes with some specialty super expensive props, maybe, but HE is typically just Morbid, list for $99-$200ish, sell most of them for half that.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Haha, go to their site Halloween Express, to their animated props section and just keep scrolling. There is an alligator prop for $13K and just keep scrolling...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Haha, go to their site Halloween Express, to their animated props section and just keep scrolling. There is an alligator prop for $13K and just keep scrolling...
That's out of stock. That's not really Halloween Express, that's just stuff their website links to. You can find the same crazy stuff on plenty of other sites.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You know, I could be wrong. I was thinking Halloween City (whose website probably isn't even up for the season yet). I am not as familiar with Halloween Express. I am probably the one mistaken! Mea culpa.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Those are cheaper directly from Distortions, or any of a dozen other places. This would be the place to order if you want to guarantee you're paying the highest price.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Check out the animatronics. Don’t remember these from last year. The majority of the ones towards the top with the red exclamation mark ❗ might be new.
Actually the ones with the red exclamation marks are out of stock. Hover over the exclamation point and it will roll out the notice. We've never been able to do anything but look at buying store props until they're at 75% off from anywhere. The budget barely allows us to look at these and dream as it is. We practically break out in a rash looking at the prices. On the plus side, this forum is really great for helping us make all our own animated props. The cost of Halloween from a box has passed us by long, long ago. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting! Those prices are terrible, however. I suspect the vast majority will not be in store. If they are, as I've said before, find a location near you of Halloween or Party City that has a lot of inventory, then get there right after Halloween as a majority of the mid-sized and larger animatronics will be 75% off, and the ones that aren't will be 50%..
Last year, I hit up multiple Home Depots, Krogers, and Targets on November 1st. But stuff goes fast, and this year 11/1 is a Sunday so it'll be everyone's funday (last year it was a Friday, and I took off work and went shopping). By lunchtime on Friday of the 1st last year, Target was REALLY picked over and prices not even 30% off yet, but I found two mega scores at two different Home Depots (a tall pumpkin reaper guy, and the tall light-up archway), for like 75% off! I literally saved hundreds that day :) Krogers seem best for any leftover 5-foot posable skeletons, which they sell for $50 before halloween and I've gotten for under 20 after Halloween! Those are usually gone by 10/31 though.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Know nothing about Krogers, but $50 is too high for cheap skeletons these days. I get mine from HD or Lowes for $7 or $8 once discounting starts. I forget, Target might not have their big discounts until after Halloween, but HD's and Lowe's are more nuanced, and it will be before Halloween typically. Lowe's especially tries to have almost everything gone before Halloween.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@chubstuff I very much envy that you have a Kroger. I know I drove to so many trying to get those gourd cats and failed. I look at the prices as opening bids. Totally NOT a final offer in my book. Props have to be pretty special to pay full price and I haven’t paid full price yet.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Know nothing about Krogers, but $50 is too high for cheap skeletons these days. I get mine from HD or Lowes for $7 or $8 once discounting starts. I forget, Target might not have their big discounts until after Halloween, but HD's and Lowe's are more nuanced, and it will be before Halloween typically. Lowe's especially tries to have almost everything gone before Halloween.
Totally agree with you, Restless Acres. Our Home Depot usually starts discounting their Halloween merchandise before Halloween. I start watching around the 18th, and it's not long after that I see the markdowns. This year might see some substantial markdowns if the traffic isn't all that brisk. It's definitely worth following the sales closely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out the animatronics. Don’t remember these from last year. The majority of the ones towards the top with the red exclamation mark ❗ might be new. If nothing else, I know we saw that grave digger prop on another board (sorry I forgot which one) but was interested to see possible beginning price points.

Liked the idea of this guy being an entrance you can walk though!

If you click on the red ! it shows the product is out if stock...they have some cool stuff though!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you click on the red ! it shows the product is out if stock...they have some cool stuff though!
Yes they do show out of stock but they’re not items I remember from last year. I’m wondering if, since so many retailers won’t release or ship Halloween until a little later that these might be new items we just cannot have yet. I could be totally wrong but I really don’t remember those items.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts