Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to send all our Witchy Poo pals a spring wish. Walpurgis is 6 months before Halloween so what better way to get us into the Halloween early in the year.

Walpurgis Night is the English translation of Walpurgisnacht. It is the night of April 30th, the eve of Saint Walpurga Day. German folklore also calls it Hexennacht or Witches' Night. It was believed witches met on the highest peak in the Harz mountains to await spring. Celebrations are held with dancing, drinking and bonfires.

Or are you more of a Beltane person - the Gaelic May Day festival held on 1 May. Special bonfires are kindled, their flames, smoke and ashes were deemed to have protective powers. Beltane is a Wiccan Sabbath Celebrated with bonfires, flowers and drink.

Interested in exchanging cards with witchy minded folks? Need a little Halloween fix to get you over the halfway to Halloween hump? A little magic spell to shake off the winter hum drums, the Covid-19 virus? Here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them to - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Then Private Message (start a conversation) your personal info to others who have posted on this thread you want to exchange and wait with baited breath for your witchy spells to arrive. Please try to have your cards popped into the mail by April 25 so they arrive in time for Witch Night or May Day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in - any number to anywhere globally

After just getting over my winter blues, I think I need to get my crafty head on to stop the anxiety i'm begining to feel about the pandemic. :(

I'm in the UK so let me know by 21st April.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ok I have no clue how to do this but I love the idea so much! Maybe I should just watch and learn?!?!? We are all so in need of some magic right now

1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I have no clue how to do this but I love the idea so much! Maybe I should just watch and learn?!?!? We are all so in need of some magic right now
OH NOOO don't just sit and watch PLEASE join in the fun we love new blood.

It's easy Just post to the thread you're in say how many cards you're up to doing and where you're willing to send them. Just to the US, or Just to US and Canada or anywhere and everywhere. You can wait to see who asks you if you want to exchange, check you mail box here or you can start a conversation the old PMing with anyone who's posted they're in here on the thread asking if they want to exchange DON"T forget to sent them your snail mail addy.

Next is pen a lovely greeting letter or craft a cool card or hit up a store and buy a nice card and then fancy it up yourself. Pop it into the mail before the deadline and sit back and wait for your cards to arrive. Post photos of cards you recieve is always nice or at least letting those sending you cards a quick hey it got here thanks in the thread.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I’m in !
ive been a ghost , I work at Costco we are 6 days 10 hrs ...
panic at the disco

1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hubby just told me the Boeing Co is going to close down for at least 10 days starting Wed. He's been home since last Monday under a company work at home order but it looks like the whole factory is now closing.
Beyond that we yet to have a shelter in place (SIP) order but that migh change if folks don't stop hanging out at the beach, parks and hiking trails like it's a summer weekend. I feel for our front line grocery workers and health care workers. Try and stay safe and healthy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
The kids were still packing the bars and malls here too. Our mayor just shut all indoor places down. Only drive thrus and delivery are open. They are only allowing a small number into grocery stores at a time. It's time for some healing spells!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Costco is now controlling how many people can come in .
the chaos is under control .
still working 6 days for now

1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Costco here has been limiting people since last week here and making folks in checkout stay at least 6 ft away. From what I can tell the only store do do such. Gov before yesterday had already closed bars, gyms and restaurants only take out or delivery. No elective surgeries or dental work. No groups over 250. Alas a week of unseasonable warm sunny weather folks all flocked to beaches, parks and busy hiking trails, so now we have a Stay at Home Stay safe Save lives order.

All in all will give me plenty of time to make cheery Witchy cards for anyone wanting to exchange.

Too everyone stay safe, stay sane and stay healthy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi - I thought I'd let you know all the UK is in lock-down now - quite eerie, especially as I live near Heathrow (one of the world busiest airports) and hardly any air craft going over - some but not as much as normally.
Roads quiet, all pubs and clubs were shut down last Friday, McDonalds (and other fast food places) have closed completely (not even take aways or ubereats) Shops only allowing max 10 people in at a time.
Anyone over the age of 70 have to self isolate for 12 weeks, same for people with chronic illnesses.
I'm lucky I can work from home and have a fairly safe job - mad mad busy as I work in IT, so remotely helping people who want to work remotely. and i've had to put together a home work station
Anyway - I'll reply back to my DMs shortly - I'm hoping I have time to sit on my breaks to create some cards and that the post will still be working.

Again i'll send anywhere

1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are now under a stay home stay safe order. Alas I live in a more rural area with lots of hiking trails and so trail head parking lots are looking like a summer weekend. We have 3 acres so we have plenty of outdoor space that allows us to be isolated from these idiots. Frog as an auto mechanic is considered essential but except for one car that came in Monday there is no works so they are closing the shop and he'll be home until some work gets on the books.

To keep this a little Halloweenie here some witch's sigils I found on the net.

On a happier note last week we hatched out 4 baby turkeys in our small incubator, they are growing like weeds and well love the weeds I give them lol. Have started some chicken eggs in the hopes of new chicks in 10 days. Also all this time at home has allowed me to come up with my walpurgis card.

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay sane

1 - 20 of 20 Posts