Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
So glad everyone got their cards.

I've received Stinkerbell's, Holly Haunter, Hallowmasbookitty & Goth Kitty Lady, all wonderful & on display.

Charms were bought a few years ago at an after-Halloween sale at Michaels. I've been cleaning out the "Crap room" (aka the craft room that's too crapped up to be useful right now) & found them in a recent cleaning/purging frenzy.

The kitty stamp was also an after Halloween thing from Michaels or Joanns, I think. I've had it for a while now & forgot about it until the aforementioned cleaning frenzy!!

I need to start labeling drawers, cabinets & such so I know that things like those charms & stamps exist in that room.

Why is it so hard to let go of "crap room" stuff?!?! I'm not really a hoarder. I clean out my closet twice a year, same for kitchen stuff, but when it comes to Halloween crafting stuff or just weird bits of stuff in general (horseshoe crab shell, old keys, glass bottles & mint tins, an old root or branch that looks like an elephant, etc.) I just can't part with it all.

I'll gladly pass on the zillion spools of Dollar Tree ribbon & the other DT stuff I buy too many of, too many stickers of all sorts, etc, but there's just some things that will probably be in those drawers & cabinets when I die, many years from now of course, & whoever is left to clean up my mess will look at that collection of branches & bits of paper ephemera & ask "WTF?!?! Why did she have a collection of tree branches, ancient holiday cards & old keys that don't fit anything?!?"

1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Why is it so hard to let go of "crap room" stuff?!?! I'm not really a hoarder. I clean out my closet twice a year, same for kitchen stuff, but when it comes to Halloween crafting stuff or just weird bits of stuff in general (horseshoe crab shell, old keys, glass bottles & mint tins, an old root or branch that looks like an elephant, etc.) I just can't part with it all.
We need a Support Group sub section here... HHA - Halloween Hoarders Anonymous.
Like you have a crap room that I can't even walk in anymore, just keep tossing things in that. Then there are the too many sheds with props, to be props and stuff that might one day be a prop out on my 3 acres., half of a six car garage with more of the same. I actually have one of those Habour Frieght carport tarp building filled with 4x8 - 2x2 framed plywood haunt walls from a defunct pro haunt... Sometimes I forget have have something, sometimes I don't know where it is and sometimes I just can't recall why I got it.

Cleaning and I mean cleaning off the back porch found a bucket with oversized oyster shells for use in Fiji mermaid items. A large jar with old lobster tail shells for an under the sea theme I did years ago. And a jar with an old wasp nest for who knows what. I did break down at tossed a few dozen jars I was saving... LOL kept the shells and wasp nest. I have a witch themed potluck event someday when the pandemic has passed us by.

When I'm gone someone is going to stand here and ponder what the heck was this woman thinking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We're right there with you. I have boxes and boxes of random and witchy craft stuff, and we have so much fabric that we just got a climate-controlled storage to keep it all in. Because the 'sewing room' is usually too full of crap to actually use! (And our grown kids are living with us right now, so they're taking up all the former crap room spaces in our house.) My wife recently spent a week organizing her beads, and now that they're not in weird little piles everywhere she's actually back to making jewelry out of them...but she's also been buying more beads, because in reality 'stash-busting' is just a way to make room for more stash. ;)

Charms were bought a few years ago at an after-Halloween sale at Michaels.
Yeah, I have some from that same sale. You can't not buy them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We need a Support Group sub section here... HHA - Halloween Hoarders Anonymous.
Like you have a crap room that I can't even walk in anymore, just keep tossing things in that. Then there are the too many sheds with props, to be props and stuff that might one day be a prop out on my 3 acres., half of a six car garage with more of the same. I actually have one of those Habour Frieght carport tarp building filled with 4x8 - 2x2 framed plywood haunt walls from a defunct pro haunt... Sometimes I forget have have something, sometimes I don't know where it is and sometimes I just can't recall why I got it.

Cleaning and I mean cleaning off the back porch found a bucket with oversized oyster shells for use in Fiji mermaid items. A large jar with old lobster tail shells for an under the sea theme I did years ago. And a jar with an old wasp nest for who knows what. I did break down at tossed a few dozen jars I was saving... LOL kept the shells and wasp nest. I have a witch themed potluck event someday when the pandemic has passed us by.

When I'm gone someone is going to stand here and ponder what the heck was this woman thinking.
I thought it was just me with a ton of Halloween items!!

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
I think we tried a trading stuff thread thing here on some version of the board.

I don't know about anywhere else but right now our Goodwill/Salvation Army is only taking certain things so I've got boxes in my car that I refuse to just throw away but might end up just putting it on a curb somewhere & say "FREE!"

·
Registered
945 Posts
Halloween stuff collector here 🎃
thank you all for another awesome card exchange 🎃
looking forward to the next one 🎃

Reactions: Goth Kitty Lady

·
Registered
945 Posts
Spooky spoof welcome back 🎃
I have plenty of global stamps 🎃

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
HAPPY WALPURGIS EVERYONE!!

Got another card today! I will add it to the boxes of paper ephemera in my "crap room" when the holiday is over!

1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
LadyFrog your card arrived in time for Walpurgis. So you made it in time and it's a lovely card. Thank you.

Have one more I'm waiting on hope it arrives today then I'll snap a photo of them all and post it.

In the mean time start planing on your Red White and Dead cards... A summer Zombie Fest in July. Watch for the thread to start in mid May.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I also have a ton of crafting stuff. I sometimes think about getting rid of some of it but then I think, what if I need it someday? I have more craft projects than I will ever have time to do but that's beside the point. I remain ever hopeful.

Thank you everyone for the awesome cards! I hope that mine have arrived by now. Here's a pic of them all displayed on my wreath.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hope everyone had a great Walpurgis/Beltane. I believe I got everyone’s cards, one on the 30th itself!

·
Registered
137 Posts
And thank you for all the notes about my cards, means a lot. As requested, here are the veriations I sent. It was my version of Saint Walpurgis, with an added magic circle. Is it Halloween yet?
AB40FE06-D093-46CC-AD17-2289457544B6.jpeg

B51E14B6-A681-4178-AFCE-6E371BDE6CDF.jpeg
3E6C610C-5BFC-44EE-8EE7-03D5A3039592.jpeg
74EBD911-0243-49FE-A0FA-63246B35DC34.jpeg

Reactions: Ladyfrog

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,153 Posts
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
OHHH I've not looked on Atlas Obscura in a long while... I check it out when we're going to do a road trip to see if any "fun" places or on our routem alas the past year has seen us as homebodies. Humm Oatcakes... well that looks tastier then Haggis.. LOL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thank you Ladyfrog! I got your card exactly on the 30th. I just got crazy here and forgot to thank you-but it’s here and I have it on display. I’ll probably keep them all up until the next exchange-I just love our card exchange group!

61 - 80 of 80 Posts