Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to send all our Witchy Poo pals a spring wish. Walpurgis is 6 months before Halloween so what better way to get us into the Halloween spirit early in the year.

Walpurgis Night is the English translation of Walpurgisnacht. It is the night of April 30th, the eve of Saint Walpurga Day. German folklore also calls it Hexennacht or Witches' Night. It was believed witches met on the highest peak in the Harz mountains to await spring. Celebrations are held with dancing, drinking and bonfires.

Or are you more of a Beltane person - the Gaelic May Day festival held on 1 May. Special bonfires are kindled, their flames, smoke and ashes were deemed to have protective powers. Beltane is a Wiccan Sabbath Celebrated with bonfires, flowers and drink.

Interested in exchanging cards with witchy minded folks? Need a little Halloween fix to get you over the halfway to Halloween hump? A little magic spell to shake off the winter hum drums, the Covid-19 virus? ( Gosh is it still Here?) Here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them to - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Then Private Message (start a conversation) your personal info to others who have posted on this thread you want to exchange and wait with baited breath for your witchy spells to arrive. Please try to have your cards popped into the mail by April 25 so they arrive in time for Witch Night or May Day.

·
Registered
943 Posts
🎃🔮 every where here and across the pond

Reactions: Christine66

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
I'm in for this! Just US & Canada but only because right now I have zero trust in the USPS getting things overseas & Canada & anything outside my state should've been mailed 2 weeks ago to get it there for April 30/May 1.

In fact a relative who lives 2 houses away mailed me a card for Valentine's Day on Feb 1 but it wasn't postmarked until Feb. 13 & I didn't get it until Feb. 16 so....yea....I'm still in though.

Yeah she could've just handed it to me but she does a bunch of cards for all the holidays & we're just stuck in with them so ours gets mailed too.

1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I so get the USPS being a mess. Had a Krampus card postmarked Dec 3 the not get to me till the end of Jan. I just got a Krampus card returned to be with an unable to forward sticker... Just chatted with the person it was going to nope didn't move so who knows that's still up with the postal service.

I figure I'll just add extra wait time in hope cards arrive... they will be appreciated whenever they do.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Time to send all our Witchy Poo pals a spring wish. Walpurgis is 6 months before Halloween so what better way to get us into the Halloween spirit early in the year.

Walpurgis Night is the English translation of Walpurgisnacht. It is the night of April 30th, the eve of Saint Walpurga Day. German folklore also calls it Hexennacht or Witches' Night. It was believed witches met on the highest peak in the Harz mountains to await spring. Celebrations are held with dancing, drinking and bonfires.

Or are you more of a Beltane person - the Gaelic May Day festival held on 1 May. Special bonfires are kindled, their flames, smoke and ashes were deemed to have protective powers. Beltane is a Wiccan Sabbath Celebrated with bonfires, flowers and drink.

Interested in exchanging cards with witchy minded folks? Need a little Halloween fix to get you over the halfway to Halloween hump? A little magic spell to shake off the winter hum drums, the Covid-19 virus? ( Gosh is it still Here?) Here's how - Post how many cards you are willing to send out and where you are willing to send them to - US only, US and Canada, Everywhere and Anywhere. Then Private Message (start a conversation) your personal info to others who have posted on this thread you want to exchange and wait with baited breath for your witchy spells to arrive. Please try to have your cards popped into the mail by April 25 so they arrive in time for Witch Night or May Day.
I am in for this and get to be creative again!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Witchy bunny cat wants to fill the post office with Halloween stamps on cards again 🎃

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm going to be working out my cards shortly. I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do for these ones! I'm hoping to have them sent by mid April at the latest.

1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Been doing this so long now I always feel like I've run out of ideas and hope the newest crop of cemetery photos I took will inspire me. But no new crop of photos, so had to look over old ones. I dislike using old photos but it's a witchy "holiday" so it was back to Salem Area cemeteries for my search. I hope I picked a couple of good ones.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Bunny cat will be crafting cards on bunny day to send all across the land 🎃

Reactions: Ladyfrog

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have to pass on this since I am out of funds to put anything together.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts