Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Grand Poobah
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On another run today... Some good news!

At a store located in a more "urban" area, they have put out 3 full size props with candy trays.
Also, hundreds of huge tombstones. More foggers... But no ground foggers or big units (yet?)

Still, more costumes and party stuff than anything.

Will post a cpl pics later. Typing from my phone.

The bad news is that in 4 stores in vastly different areas, this is the only one so far to have expanded selection.

·
I play with dead people
1,834 Posts
As of last weekend all our walmart stores just have fall decor out. I am hoping that this weekend they will have Halloween stuff up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Updates

Thanks for the update. These look worth finding.
It's been disappointing how late/slow everything is coming in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Our local walmart just had a few kids costumes today, but it seemed liked they were clearing out the area to get ready for more halloween stuff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aww, our Walmarts look like all the Halloween items are out and mostly they are cotumes and candy. About 3-4 aisles of just those items alone. They seem to be slacking around here, and Ive been to 3 out of the 4 that are within half hour from me. Hopefully they will get some more of the big stuff in soon!

Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
When I worked in retail 20 plus years ago, we had to have all of our Christmas decor up by Oct.14th. So we would have Halloween up way before then. I guess the economy is effecting how slow they are about getting Halloween out. So how in the world are they going to have room both for Christmas and Halloween at the same time?? I guess it isn't as mandatory as it used to be to have Christmas up by Oct.14th anymore.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Our Wal-mart is beginning to put out all their Halloween stuff and I'm happily surprised to see that they will have a whole section (previously was the back to school and college stuff) dedicated to Halloween. It's the part of the store that usually has the indoor garden stuff. AND, they already have about 6 isles of Halloween candy out, and it's not even included in this new area :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
My wallyworld didnt have too much of anything. But K-Mart on the other hand had two animate Jason's. I got one last year and it's still holding up great (crossing fingers). Ill check back at wallyworld in few weeks. I did pick a pretty cool clown up at Marks today for $10.00. It looks a little tore up but the mother in law said that she could fix it. Happy haunting i mean hunting everyone.

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I wonder if they're being slow to put stuff out on the shelves then maybe it means more stuff will be there when it all goes on clearance before the Christmas stuff is out?

I'm hoping for it anyways.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think a lot of things went out late this year because of how late labor day was. Hopefully this will NOT be a new trend. I need my halloween fix before now that's for sure.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts