Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
I see they have the witch with cauldron and the life size skeleton in a cage. For anyone that doesn't have these but is considering it they are both great pieces.

·
Registered
814 Posts
oh cool! thanks for the heads up Preston!
I also purchased the Witch with Cauldron last year...she is fantastic!
:D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was lucky and was able to get the Lifesize Skeleton in the cage a couple of years ago at Sams Club. It is fantastic !!! They sold out incredibly fast.

I was lucky to pick up the Witch with Cauldron when they first came out at Sams Club too.

I've been waiting to see what Sams Club will have this year but they still don't have anything up on the online website or the stores yet, but I'm hoping it will be soon.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
It's nice to see some variety, since WalMart's Halloween selection was incredibly pitiful last year, or at least I think so. Personally, I like both of the skeleton butlers about the best, though there are also some other very cool items, and the prices certainly aren't bad, either.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The hunchback's cool, preston. He's different. I'm sure he'll be a nice addition to your haunt. Site to store is great.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
its not REAL halloween at walmart yet... just some teaser items. Hopefully the real stuff will be up soon! I feel like they are way behind this year, but not really... Just me being paranoid.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I see they have the glow-up Ghoul I got from Big Lots last year except he's just a torso, I bought 3 for 90% off and they are 5' tall, makes me feel good about my deal.Also the kicking Scarecrow looks good for the money. Yeah Sam's props sell quick......so glad I got the Pirate skelly and big inflatable house from them when they had them a few years ago, my 2 favorite and most use items ever.

·
Ghouls Rule
2,589 Posts
I was thisclose to buying stuff when I read walmart had stuff in yesterday but I got to thinking maybe they will get more props and then I just spent money on stuff thats nice but somthing I may go crazy over comes in after.But then, I thought, well, what if they sell out before any hypothetical new stuff comes out. So I slept on it and realized, hey! walmart has a great return policy! If I see something better later and a better price I can return it! So now I have to decide if I want another witch with cauldron (I bought one off a forum member here for more than walmarts selling now, but there were no guarantees any retailer was going to sell her this year :) so I could get her, or something new. I wish there were better pics, its so hard to buy without seeing a live video or better pics. Plus you dont know what they may sell in the stores, we had 3 witches with talking crystal balls in all thru halloween night. I had bought one previous to in case anyone bought out the store and I was in walmart midnight and got the other 2, in case anything might not have worked Id have a backup. :) Its such a fun prop. I love her best so far, then I love what I prodded mom to buy at michaels the previous year, which led me to this forum this past october, donna of the dead (pumpkin holding version).

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks for posting this -- I can't believe it's already this time again! I've been wanting that airblown inflatable black cat for a while now and that seems like a pretty good price!! I noticed that you can now pay with PayPal, and if you sign up for PayPal Buyer Credit you can pay for it in a couple of payments instead of all at once . . . I think I'm going to do that since I'm a little short of cash right now! Plus they have free shipping from site to store -- this is a win-win situation.

I noticed that have the 3' Glow Up Staked torso for $20. I bought one of those at Walgreen's last year, and took a tomato cage, turned it upside down, and taped the bottom tines to the torso, then took some cheap black cloth and covered the cage -- turning it into a 5' tall prop for my front yard! It worked great but you have to put some bricks or stakes on the bottom of the cage to keep it from blowing over in the wind -- I also bought a Donna the Dead torso and did the same thing only with white cloth. No one could believe they were just the cheap $20 torsos doctored up!! The only problem is with the cheap props, the motion detector doesn't work without light, so we trained some spotlights across the path so that when people walked by, the light was interrupted and would set them off.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I was lucky and was able to get the Lifesize Skeleton in the cage a couple of years ago at Sams Club. It is fantastic !!! They sold out incredibly fast.

I was lucky to pick up the Witch with Cauldron when they first came out at Sams Club too.

I've been waiting to see what Sams Club will have this year but they still don't have anything up on the online website or the stores yet, but I'm hoping it will be soon.

me and you both

·
The Grim Reaper
921 Posts
If I remember correctly all the wires that make him light up and shake run from his head up into the top of the cage so removing him from the cage probably isnt feasable.

Does anyone know if the the lifesize skeleton can be seperated from the cage?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts