Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out with the Mrs tonight and making the usual snears at the pathetic Halloween section I noticed their mini fogger. I was thinking of adding another fogger or two at least for next year and stopped to take a look... even opened the box. I have to say the construction seemed very solid, and it listed as 400 watt. I thought what the hey give it a try for 25.00. Heck I can always return it for a in store credit without the receipt for more beer. Even bought the half gallon of their juice not to waste the "good stuff" at home (yeah I know 10 bucks is a little high).

I fired it up when I got home. Color me impressed. This little thing chugged the fog about as well as my Eliminator 700 I think. And the cold to hot initial start up time seemed fast enough. Even the fog quality was impressive. It was decently thick, and lingered quite a long while in my double car garage (doors closed).

So I dug up (literally you might find Hoffa in my garage) the el'cheapo timer I picked up at Target few years ago for 10 bucks. It works with this unit. There is some thumping to the pump initially but once it fires the interval and duration settings work. There is some sputtering during the off cycle, but that may just be the fog unit.

Granted the tank is tiny, but I'm thinking to connect another line running outside to a full gallon anyway (I hate the constant worry and checking for juice levels).

Thought y'all might like to know. I hadn't caught a discussion about them so there you are. I will probably grab a couple more hopefully on clearance (can never have too many foggers). :D

·
Creepin When Your Sleepin
1,143 Posts
Out with the Mrs tonight and making the usual snears at the pathetic Halloween section I noticed their mini fogger. I was thinking of adding another fogger or two at least for next year and stopped to take a look... even opened the box. I have to say the construction seemed very solid, and it listed as 400 watt. I thought what the hey give it a try for 25.00. Heck I can always return it for a in store credit without the receipt for more beer.

Just to let you know Target has the 400 watt foggers for 19.00 I got 3 and they all work well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I really wish these foggers came with timer remotes. I know they are $10 more, but I've not met one person that wants to man a fogger at all times except for specific props, like the magic mirror setup. Otherwise, you just want to fill it and let it go.

The other problem I have with these is like you said..worrying about running out of juice. How are you planning on hooking up another tank for it? I was wondering how to do this as well.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let you know Target has the 400 watt foggers for 19.00 I got 3 and they all work well.
I got one of those from them last year. Yeah I liked how it worked but the housing was plastic and got broken. That is what I meant about the solid construction of the mini... it's mettle. The little guy even has an on/off switch my 1000 watt Eliminator does not. I scavaged the pump to use for some kind of bleeding prop for next year. :D

I really wish these foggers came with timer remotes. I know they are $10 more, but I've not met one person that wants to man a fogger at all times except for specific props, like the magic mirror setup. Otherwise, you just want to fill it and let it go.

The other problem I have with these is like you said..worrying about running out of juice. How are you planning on hooking up another tank for it? I was wondering how to do this as well.
Though I hadn't looked around yet for the hose I'll start at the pet store for the appropriate sized aquarium pump hose. If not them surely hardware or a medical supply store would have one to fit the coupler. My intention is to open the housing and simply replace the existing hose from the pump to the tank with a longer one, then up and out of the cap opening of the housing to the gallon through a hole I'll drill in the cap.

Sounds good in theory. This mini sucks juice through a tube in the bottom of it's bottle. Other units hose go up and in the cap of their tanks which gave me the idea.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That Wally world fogger looks pretty good. Too bad none of the stores in my area seem to carry anything more than crappy costumes and a few pumpkins.

I like the Target foggers. Sure they have plastic cases, but they are inexpensive and seem to work well. Plus the button on the remote is a hard switch and you can turn it on and forget it. I'll maybe think about running the tube into a bigger fog juice container so that I don't even have to refill the tank.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Wally world fogger looks pretty good. Too bad none of the stores in my area seem to carry anything more than crappy costumes and a few pumpkins.

I like the Target foggers. Sure they have plastic cases, but they are inexpensive and seem to work well. Plus the button on the remote is a hard switch and you can turn it on and forget it. I'll maybe think about running the tube into a bigger fog juice container so that I don't even have to refill the tank.
Yeah that is one thing I wish was it's manual switch was a toggle. Had the timer not worked I'm not too sure how I would have got it to go on/off... maybe an appliance timer?. Or try one of my better timers or maybe clamp it with a binder clip? LOL It seemed to go for as long as you held the button, but I didn't care to stand that long with a cramping thumb to see if it would burn up or run until the juice was out. :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
ive been a fan of those mini foggers for years.. great solid units.. they are actually Gemmy's that are re-branded.

I stake out my walmart starting a day or two before halloween for the 50% sign to go up, then I grab a few.

last year I got greedy and waited for them to go deeper.. and by the time they did, all the foggers were history, but I did get several half gallons of fluid for 2.50 each

I also have bought several target brand 400w foggers on clearance (10.00) they work fine, but I still prefer the mini foggers. solid for the price and fantastic for props.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts