Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I hit the Walmart Clearance shelves after Easter in search of half-priced candy for TOT. While most of it was packaged for Easter, I was able to get Sponge Bob Gummy Krabby Patties, Sixlets, Razzles, Nerds, and a large bag of Skittles/Starburst mix in regular colored packaging.

I did this last year and the candy was all fine come October. Stopped in WM yesterday and am now stocked up and ready for my 50-70 TOT's goody bag candy for about $20. Will also add a couple boxes of full sized candy bars closer to October for those that don't want candy/toy grab bags.

Just passin' it on. My local WM still had clearance candy left today ;)

1,293 Posts
I pick up cases of bunny peeps for pennies They have a shelf life of YEARS printed on the packages. I then cut the ears in half and the bodies get 3 snips to make 4 "legs" and not I have either spider or cthulhu peeps. Pop 3 or 4 into a snack ziplock and they are the first things I run out of at Halloween.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,853 Posts
Gotta go to Walmart tomorrow, I should check this out!

I had no idea Peeps had such a long shelf life until I bought some Halloween ones a couple years ago. I just tossed them into the craft room somewhere with some vague plan to do something crafty with them but never did. I found them about a year later & thought they'd be super expired but they weren't so I just tossed them in a corner again so they're still somewhere in my craft room expiring sloooooowly!!:D

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,853 Posts
Just hit Walmart & the only Easter candy that was there & on sale was the actual Easter stuff, chocolate bunnies, chocolate eggs, etc. Nothing that could be used for Halloween.

They probably tossed all that in the dumpster out back.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also picked up a dozen mini plush rabbits, lambs and teddy bears at Aldi for 44 cents each. I like to have them on hand for the wee TOTs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts