Halloween Forum banner
16K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  Spookywolf 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I just ordered this Crazy Bonez T-Rex small dinosaur skeleton from Walmart through Google Express. Never used GE before and it's suppose to be here by Thursday so we'll see. Not really in that big of a rush but that was the delivered by date they gave me. This was my first order so took advantage of the 20% off first order code (SUMMERFUN thru 7/2). The dino is 36 inches long, assume 16 inches high and 11 inches wide, bendable tail and moveable jaw. The big Jumbo plastic eggs (set of 3 nesting ones) I bought from Hobby Lobby on sale at Easter time (largest one 16 inches tall) should work just fine as an egg he hatched out of. Here's the link to the CB small T-Rex:

https://express.google.com/product/11452100133389664059_713257042510720112_8175035

I looked all over to see if I could find these being sold elsewhere yet, not seeing on CB's site either, so with the 20% off brought the price down to $24 so figure even if it sells for less elsewhere later I don't have go running around looking for it. It was not listed on Walmart's site either. Not really buying much of anything halloween this year (have so much to use already and have been looking for things since last year for a dinosaur theme). I saw that AtmosFX has dinosaur projections new this year so will add those but otherwise pretty much set what with last year's purchases of Home Depot's big T-Rex and big hatchling, a momma triceratops and 2 kids, and Walmart's Raptor.

Honestly haven't been in the decorating mood since last year and wasn't even sure I wanted to decorate this year and instead take the year off and hit a haunted house on halloween. Saw the Jurassic World movie over the weekend and got me back in the swing of things albeit slow mode! I thought the movie's dino animation was so good this year I never even thought of the dinosaurs as being animated, which was quite the nod I thought to those involved in bringing them to life. Don't know how much I'll be hanging out here but did want to post about this guy in case someone else wants to order this CB T-Rex and take advantage of the 20% off coupon.

#8 ·
I saw the t-rex skeleton that walmart had last year, it was pretty nice. With the NBC anniversary coming up maybe they will have something new. An inflatable Mayor and Oogie Boogie would be nice. Also, I followed ibc's link to the mydinosaurs site and found some awesome stuff! I would be just about be willing to sell a kidney for one of those t-rex skeletons!

#10 ·
My Google Express/Walmart order arrived via OnTrac as scheduled in a Walmart box. I had ordered 2 and it fit both of them nicely. Just some air pillows added for filler. They arrived in their own plastic bags. Nice quality. The Item page description title said they were an original Crazy Bonez item and I believe they are although the tag does not reflect this. Has Walmart on them so maybe made for them. The T-Rex measures 36 inches from head to tail, stands 16 inches high, and his feet are 11 inches from side to side, so measurements in listing were fine. Reg. 29.97 but used that Code SUMMERFUN to get 20% off of the order (thru 7/2) so saved about $12. Taxes added but since order was over minimum got free shipping (believe it was $25 min.). Shipping box was pretty good size. And here they are! Very happy with the purchase.

So I looked at the tag and it's simply labeled Skeleton Dinosaur and checked Walmart site for that. I did find the T-Rex listed on Walmart's site for 29.97. They had it grouped under "Official Crazybonez Faux Bat Skeleton" listing where you could select an "animal" choice. Never would have found it there since didn't need a bat! and no indication there were other items you could choose. Here's the listing for it - you'll have to select Dinosaur though - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Official-Crazybonez-Faux-Bat-Skeleton/552265989. It's Walmart Item #564219165. Says pick up not available. Sold and Shipped by Walmart. Full price right now, so the Google Express can save you some money if you want to order it now through them and take advantage of a first time order. Google gave 2-day shipping.

#17 ·
I have a pterodactyl birthing area in my plans and having him hanging above that area watching the little ones might cool and maybe a bit intimidating to some and scary at the same time. Definitely going to keep an eye out for this one. Thanks lbc for mentioning it. Curious to see the animation on it. BTW not listed thru UPCIndex yet and not yet shown on Gemmy site's Halloween section.

Getting a little off topic with the next 3 items as not something from Walmart, but if you are doing a kid's party I could see making some origami pterodactyls as a small gift for each kid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXutjRHTk8

Now this completed DIY could look very frightening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeyrcAGPK5o

I like this DIY pterodactyl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAxZlhl9dg

#19 ·
I bought it last year, (well actually my mom bought it for my birthday :D ) and I can say I was very happy with it. Nice, manageable size and looked great at night with a blue spot light.

What I particularly like about skeleton props is that they can take the weather. Mine have been poured on and still hold up.
It was easy to take down and store in the original box too.

If you can get it cheaper this year I would get it. It looks great in a dino scene. That is why I am thinking of getting HD's Sabertooth cat prop

Tree Plant Trunk Moss Beehive

#23 ·
My Walmart finally started putting some Halloween out. They have had fall and pumpkins for at least a week...,maybe 2 but just now doing Halloween. I don't think my store is going to have much in the way of decor or props. It has several rows of costumes and costume accessories/ make up but only one small section of decor items. no props to speak of except skeletons and tombstones.

I did get these 2 cuties. not crazy about the glitter but they were only 6.97 so I can live with it. Black cat Pumpkin Orange Candy corn Calabaza

#32 ·
Finally made it to Wal-Mart and got Haunted House Canvas HL70249, also referred to as Lights & Sounds Wall Art for $14.97...

The light and sound show are both good. Would love to find the artwork itself in a larger canvas. I wish I could make the picture bigger so you could see all the detail. I particularly like the moon, lightning, and flying bats!

Attachments

#42 ·
You may want to check out cracker barrel https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/home-furniture/home-decor/wall-decor/haunted-house-led-canvas-with-sound/627386. It's double the price, but 20x15 vs the 14x10 size walmart, home depot, and others have. And you may want to compare the animation from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ZitmjCK0A to the one you have. If I remember right, the larger canvas had more leds and did more animation than the version I saw at big lots/walmart. But those versions may have been in demo mode and not done everything it would have done normally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.