Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen so many haunts with faux wall scenes (stones, clapboard, etc). Are you all buying these or making them on your own? Links to good websites to check out?

We ran our first haunted house this past year with black plastic walls stapled to wood framing. I really need to step it up for next year. Now would be the ideal time to get it done.

Stacy

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Many ways to get the look you want. We make wall panels from 2x3 lumber and cover then in masonite. You can use osb, plywood, etc...
Scene saetters work well and come in a variety of designs. Here are some covered in the stone wall design. (don't mind the wrinkles!)

We also have some skinned in foam and carved to look like stone. A lot more expensive but it's a neat effect.

·
Hauntless
8,343 Posts
Layering is also a quick way to give a room more spook.

For a spider room: matte black landscape fabric, then tattered cheesecloth, then stretch webbing.

Forest room: Matt black landscape fabric, camo netting, jute webbing, ropes and fake barbed wire, leaves

Bat room: Black mat landscape fabric, jute netting, ropes, black cheesecloth.

·
Warlock
1,369 Posts
Purchased: The scene setters are pretty decent wall designs for a fast fix and you can find them in a couple of different patterns. I've got the ossuary/crypt design and the stone wall pattern. the also have a cemetery design, an interior victorian type house, a dark forest, a flock of bats, and I think a dungeon. the rolls are 4' tall x50' or so and run around $18 a roll. I try to get them on sale. They also have small sets like a short section of graveyard with a tree and a couple ghosts, some furniture, individual ghosts, reapers, and skeletons doing just about anything you can imagine. I know there are a couple others, too, but since I haven't wanted those I didn't pay much attention. If you're careful you can reuse these for a couple of years if not more. I heard from a friend that there's a vaccuum formed plastic rock wall panel available. I've never seen it and I don't know where he got it or how much he paid.

Home made: Making foam walls is time consuming but they are a lot more durable and you can customize your look if you have a specific design in mind. You can also just paint fabric or plywood/chipboard/whatever if you have it.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i love wall scenes. i pick up the quick fix kind a lot. but sometimes i find at goodwill or garage sales bid black sheets of cloth material and paint on what i want. easy to fold up, put away, and store for next year
jd, i like your setup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts