Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm retiring a classic this year - our front yard will not be a graveyard filled with tombstones. For a change I'll be doing a pumpkin and corn front yard. Made some corn stalks via Allen Hopps and have been slowly collecting foam pumpkins. Will add some great stuff vines and a few scarecrows with a singing pumpkin projection which should be great.

The downside is I have about 3 crates full of tombstones (mostly store bought over the past decade and gifts from family and friends) that I had no use for this year. In my garage haunt I do have a final room wall with nothing planned so if I can figure how to attach them to a faux wall onto the back of our garage door I plan on a 'wall of tombstones'. I haven't seen this in a haunt before so any ideas/help on how to make it look good without destroying our garage door would be welcome.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If the door is metal you could glue magnets on the back of the stones (idea stolen from another post in the forum). If not, maybe a lot of command strips

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh, this does look great! Feels very Gothic to me. I'd try magnets too - Harbor Freight has some industrial magnets that aren't expensive, but if your tombstones are light, you might be able to use just regular ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What about the sticky Velcro wall hangers made by "Command" You could attach then to the garage door and then at the end of the season remove the tombstone and use the quick remove option. The hold up to 12lbs if you get that weight model and no damage to the paint on the door. I use the. In the house to hold pictures to the wall and when we want to move pictures no hole to plug no paint to fix.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BIGANT's haunt eerie acres had a crypt wall on his garage (which I've borrowed myself). The panels are held on by the industrial magnets Jenn&Matt suggested, perhaps that could work for you too.

uploadfromtaptalk1444331915913.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts