Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again I was watching a stiltbeast tutorial and a bug hit me. It was the human pelt tutorial and I had been eyeballing those cool cheesecloth/starch faces but the ghost thing didn't fit into my theme. I wanted a visquine hallway at the entrance of our cannibals dinning room and thought it would be sooo cool to have it lined with faces (my brilliant husband thought to have it double as lighting) . I have these glass heads I think people use to keep hats on we picked them up cheap at Ross. This is just a rough look at the way they look lit. Too lazy to go all the way right now, just wanted to make sure it would work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
These faces, heads, look so odd that they will scare many simply because the mind will be simply bewildered attempting to "place" the image in some past context to decide if they are "Safe" or "Dangerous".
Confusion makes the path for Buddy "Fear".

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That looks so cool. I've seen the masks before, but never thought of where I could use them. A hallway would be perfect! what a clever idea. One that I'm going to steal from you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am looking at improving my my weak attempt last year to do a twisting turning hallway lined with faces. I like your cheesecloth/starch faces those look great and even more so when dark and back lit. Still haven't decided on the faces I plan to use this year.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
im liking this a lot Im getting a Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe to the wall of faces? Leatherface's victims faces

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leather face was the vibe I was going for. Oswald I feel the need to tell you these are not cheese cloth. I made these using black contractor bags a heat gun and paint. (Pluse a glass mannequin head) look up stiltbeast on youtube and watch his instructions on a human pelt.
Fyi it was very inexpensive and quick .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bought a glass head from Pier 1 Imports. Gonna try to make some face skins this weekend.

I did a really bad tutorial on my Facebook page ( it's mostly just for my local friends so they can help make some of the stuff for the trail we do) I can't figure out how to post it here from my phone so I'll post my facebook link instead.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1420468108204875

·
Registered
44 Posts
Appreciate the link to FB, just checked them out. I need to pick up a heat gun, but probably play with some bags next weekend to get a feel for it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts