Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Halloween all! Shall you all run out of candy Saturday!

I have noticed alot of skeletons hanging from gutters, climbing ladders, even saw one climbing a rope! Although these are cute and some might even give a fright. I just didn't think they were dark enough for my haunt. With these rainy days of late I decided to play around and this is what I came up with! I know we all could do this if we desired, w/out direction ....Here's a tutorial anyways...enjoy.

Got out a skeleton(Grandin Road) and started laying it out. Couldn't figure it out :( Looked at a couple of spiderman pics and came up w/ this layout!

Once I was somewhat certain on the layout it was time to start drilling the joints!

Before screwing the joints I shot some hot glue in them(helps rigidity)

Time to lock the joints in w/ a screw any screw that's long enough. I did screw the hands and feet to the table so that the skeleton would keep it's form.

Once screwed and glued he was definitely a rigid static prop which will work best for this application!

I didn't like the way the head looked. So I broke out the heat gun!

Bent the neck and hoped it wasn't to much.

Time to attatch this Wall Crawler! Used 3" fluted masonry nails and a bit of wire.

Put some lighting on it....I think my dark creation worked out!

Once I made the bigger guy I grabbed a small skeleton. Drimmeled out the joints more so he would be able to acquire a better pose and hung him up.

I know it's late in the season...but i get inspired late in the game!

Peace

·
Registered
223 Posts
thanks for the tut!! ....it looks totally eerie, and I love it! :)

Reactions: RiverBoarder

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SpookyDave Thanks
Martrix, although I can see them from the street(very small yard), I will give a white light a try! I have some clip on led lights that might work great!
Zombie...much appreciated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2016 bump.....what a year and month!
Doubtful that I will have time to do all thats needed....489 tots by 8:45 in 2015....only 250ish dared to walk to my candy bowl!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I must give this a try! Way cool.
I would do the opposite and have them crawl down the wall towards the guest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts