Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy like less than 2 minutes from me is selling a Walking Dead Zombie Girl w/ Teddy Bear for $115 on Craigslist. I offered him 95 and he said he'd do $100. Now this thing retails for $179.99 and is sold out online. I asked him why he's selling it and he said he bought it to scare a friend and now doesn't need it anymore.

Do you fellow Haunters think it's a good buy?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think its a good looking prop, and stands out in quality compared to the other Spirit Halloween-level props. That said, I have a personal rule that I don't pay more than 50% of retail for a Halloween item if I'm buying through Craiglist, and usually I aim to pay less than that, because of the possibility of snagging the same items in unused condition for 50% at one of the Nov 1st sales. I'll even bring that up with sellers sometimes as a way of bargaining them down if they want too high a price. In this case the difference is small, so if you're really excited for the item, might as well go for it.

Edit: also, I should add that I have seen the walking dead girl at one of the Spirit Halloween shops this year, so it is still around even if it's unavailable online. I'm not sure if they made new ones for this year, or if the one I saw was simply a leftover from 2012, but they are still around.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I didnt want to pay that much. I do like her..I'm going to see her tonight to see what shape she's in. He said he only used it once. Who would buy a 190 dollar prop to use once, I don't know but if it looks good I'll bring her home!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got her last year and absolutely love her. I'm not a fan of the noises she makes while turned on, she makes grunting noises and spins around...I liked just having her completely still and using it as a prop to build around.

TWD Doll.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got her! She was in good shape. I love it! I came home put her on the front door and knocked on the door, my step-son answered it and was freaked out! HA...I love the idea of putting her in the window.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
When I saw her last year, I thought it would be better as a static prop. It is creepy looking. The motion and sound were annoying. Sounds like yo ugot a good deal and you'll have fun with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts