Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am doing a little walk-thru this year in my driveway. I am using tarps to make the wall and a ceiling. these will be attached to the walls of the ran across an attached to 2x4s and another tarp for the walls. SO My question is should I paint the tarps for what I need (dot room or something like that) or should I use scene setters for what I need. Also need to come up with a front facade too. SO much to do and so little time.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
26 Posts
if you have a theme for the walk thru, make the walls in a similar theme. or decide on different themes for different sections and make the walls work for the themes...carnevil, dracula's tomb, mad science, florescent freak-out, etc. hope this helps. make sure you have enough light so TOT's can see which direction to go...don't want them to go thru your walls...you may want to make sure fire safe tarp/material...remember your responsible for their safety on your property.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@jobobvideo, what is florescent freak-out? There will different room/scenes but also keeping within the theme.

·
Registered
26 Posts
florescent freak-out...using florescent paint and black light /strobes...painting disorienting illusions on the walls/ floor, slight angles changes in the floor, walls/ceiling out of square/askew, florescent snakes hanging down... I could go on but I think you get the idea... kind of a florescent fun house.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've had to use visqueen walls for years (graduated to all wood this year 8^) I ran guy wires for the top, folded and stapled the plastic to it and staked the bottom to my lawn. One big issue is the wind as it'll catch it like a sail so make sure it's all securely anchored. As noted by another, most paints don't do well but rattle can white as well as fluorescent paints will adhere good enough for effects. I have plastic that maybe 10 years old and what I've found is the center, thicker painted areas cracks off but the thinner outline overspray area/s stays on the plastic and actually has a very nice look after it's peeled mostly off. Anyway, wind is your enemy if using plastic for walls and I know it well as I've dealt with it for a decade. Best of luck, hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts