Halloween Forum banner
  • Notice image

Hello Guest - Please always operate based on "buyer beware" and don't trust anyone you don't know when using these classifieds!

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE USING THE FORUM

Walgreen's skulls and skeletons

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  risingcorpses 
#1 ·
Hello. We're looking for some cheap, realistic looking full sized skulls and skeletons to make corpses for a short student film.

Please contact by PM with prices, pics, etc.

Thanks a lot!

#3 ·
These Walgreen's resin skulls are dirt cheap and look realistic enough for what we need them for.

We have some extremely realistic skulls and skeletons (used in and made for a major motion picture) that will be used in the foreground...and we actually got them cheap too.

The ones that we're looking for now will be farther off in the distance or totally corpsed and burned.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Great thread UnOrthodOx, thanks for pointing us to it! Very nice work and a great step by step.

We'd like to make as many as possible, so maybe the paper mache would be a good idea. We'd still love to get a bunch of those Walgreen's skulls though so we can get them made faster.

I'm not sure if the rib cages on most of the cheaper skeletons are big enough. Might have to make our own.

#7 ·
A few years ago I mounted two Wall Green's Skulls on the fenders of my Spookmobile. This car is outside 24/7and they still look good. I did fill them with fiberglass to give me some stronger contact points for attaching them as strongly as possible,"Vandals", you know.

#10 ·
I'm really confused now. It seems like these Walgreen's skulls aren't full sized. It's a shame if they aren't because the resin ones just look cool.

Did they sell a nicer skull that was full sized? Did it's jaw move?

If not, what's the most realistic, reasonably priced skull that you know of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - These don't need to be painted. THey can be blank since we plan to corpse them up and burn them.

This is also the main reason why we're having a hard time justifying buying expensive realistic skulls and skeletons.

#11 ·
The resin skulls Walgreens sold previously were a bit smaller than full-size. I think 2012 was the last year they carried these though I did manage to pick up a few left-over ones this year. Big Lots sold basically the same skull with a higher price. Walgreens sold a what seemed to be larger skull with a hinged jaw in 2013. I managed to get two of them as they seemed to sell out before I could pick up more.

Sorry I'm not willing to part with any of mine as they're kinda like family. :D

I've used paper mache to make copies of my skulls with good results. Here's one I made for one of the Secret Reaper exchanges this year

Head Skull Snout Fictional character Bone

I've tried a tinfoil and tape replication with OK results. I think I would have had better results if I'd used a quality aluminum foil and tape instead of the Dollar Tree stuff. :)

I did notice that one of the resin skulls has a different label on it than the others so I'll try to remember to look when I go home and see if there's any contact info for the manufacturer.

#12 ·
THanks Lizzy for the info. Any labels would be extremely helpful!!

We'd love to have at least a few with the hinged jaw too. If you could post any pics, that would be EXTREMELY helpful. That way we'll know what to look for and maybe even where (the company) to look for it. Is that one realistic looking like the resin ones? We'd like to stay away from paper mache because we plan on lightly scorching some of the skulls.

We've been looking on ebay, but it seems so hit or miss buying from China...and our main worry is that they'll arrive and not be life sized or not look at all like the photos.

#14 ·
Skull Bone Head Skeleton Jaw

resin skull on left, hinged jaw skull on right

The label on one of the resin skulls says East West Distributing Co. Deerfield IL

If you can get ahold of one of the resin skulls, you might also try making milk jug copies using jugs and a heat gun. Here's Ghoulish Cop's version

#15 ·
Thanks Lizzy! That photo is immensely helpful to us. We were looking for these (they must be the older style - the ones on the ends, not the one in the middle):

Skull Bone Head Skeleton Jaw

But if they aren't full sized, then maybe we need to keep searching for something else. Would still like a few of the older style Walgreens skulls to maybe use with the Walgreens skeleton bodies in the background (if we can find them)....That one with the hinged jaw doesn't look real enough and although the milk carton idea is neat, we can't use that either. Guess maybe we will just have to spend more money.

Anyone know of a realistic looking, full sized skull with a hinged jaw (maybe unpainted) that they would recommend?

#16 ·
The only other alternative I can suggest is a Lindberg 1:1 pirate skull but they aren't cheap. I personally have no experience with them yet but I know of several others who swear by them. Are you planning on burning all the skulls or just a few?

#17 ·
Thanks Lizzy, we've been looking at the Lindberg. We're still looking though because we'd rather not have to seal up the head. We already have two that we'll have to seal up now.

We're giving a burned look to them all. We did get lucky and got a complete, full sized, really cool medical skeleton (not a bucky either, a good one) with a stand for only $50. We also got another medical skeleton with a missing arm and part of a leg that we plan on finishing with paper mache. That one came with a very high quality medical skull (one of the best and most accurate). Unfortunately, no haunters were willing to part with anything and we found these on our own.

We're still looking for more realistic full sized skulls though. We'd like to buy unpainted, blank, exact casts of human skulls since we're going to blacken, corpse, and scorch them anyway. Hopefully it'll be cheaper unpainted too.

Seems that no one will part with any Walgreen's skeletons.

Anyone wiith ideas for the realistic, full sized, skulls please let us know.

#18 ·
The Walgreens skulls that you are referring to are older versions like you thought. Two years ago and back, last year they came out with the middle version, a little smaller but still resin and not bad for $5.99. This Halloween they had the foam ones with the hinged jaw and are junk for the same $5.99!
The older larger ones are close to life sized of a smaller male or woman. They did not have a hinged jaw though, there were 2 types open mouth and closed mouth. I have a few of them, but cannot sell them. Good luck with your search, if I find any I will let you know.

Joe

#19 ·
Thanks for the info Devileyes. I'm pretty sure that my local Walgreens had a few of the older versions left this year. Must have been leftovers that didn't sell, because I noticed that they had the two different styles...I went there and actually had a few in my hands. I walked around with them for a while and then convinced myself that I can just get them later and put them back. I didn't realize that they would be so hard to find once Halloween was over. Also had a few of the skeletons that we now need. Oh well.

The search continues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.