Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I had some older Aves Apoxie sculpt that was going bad, so I decided to add some horns on one of my $5.99 Walgreens skulls.
After that I decided to sculpt it into a full blown Demon Skull.
Here is a few pics of the Skull before and after.
Hope you like :)
If anyone wants to see some progress pics, I can post some of those up to.
The untouched skull:

The horns:

The finished Demon Skull:

Thanks for looking!
Joe

·
Banned
50 Posts
Looks a bit like a demon Jay Leno doesn't it? Not putting it down, it's cool. But it definitely reminded me of Jay Leno with the oversized chin! Ha ha ha!

We've been looking to find a few of these skulls...Do you have any extra Walgreen's skulls like this that you'd be willing to part with? We're shooting a student western short film and could use a few. Let us know if you'd be willing to sell any.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That is excellent work. The anatomy is logical and looks natural and believable.

Nice job with the modifications.

Eric

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all!
That looks amazing! Very nice work. I would love the see the process pics and know what you used!!! I might like to attempt something like that someday. Thanks for sharing. :D
I used Aves Apoxie Sculpt. It's a two part putty that you mix equal parts and it hardens to a solid hard resin-like consistency. While it is setting it can be sculpted and formed like clay and after it sets it can be sanded and painted.
The stuff I have is very old and is setting up very fast, so I had to work fast....good practice for me!
Progress pics of the sculpting process:

Sorry about so many pics, I'm just learning to sculpt so I take many pictures during the process to help me see things from different perspectives...if that makes any sense!
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Hallomarine
Halloween Forum
Halloween forum - Keeping the Halloween spirit alive 365 days a year. Discuss decorations, costumes and more!
Full Forum Listing