Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After hunting all over the internet for a cheap, complete skeleton and coming up empty-handed, we were surprised to find this guy hanging on a rack out our local Walgreens store. He’s five feet tall, he has moving parts, and he cost just $30!

We've already ordered some Bucky parts from the Skeleton Factory for our main prop this year, but we just had to bring this guy home with us. I'm sure we'll find something to do with him. Who knows? We may even go back to the store and get him a friend.

UPDATE: Thank you to blackdogrdc for pointing out that you can call Walgreens and give them the item number to find out which stores have "Wally" in stock. The phone number is 18009254733 and the item number is 444527.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Seriously while some of you think you don't have any interest in the shopping threads because you make your own props, you guys should check in there every so often. The Walgreen's skeletons have been discussed and posted pictures of for a while now. You'd also know that each store only gets in a limited quanity of them (from reports--1 to 3 or 4 of them) and they aren't always put out on the floor. I've bought 3 of them from 2 different stores and they are very nice and realistic for the money.

·
Emperor of Candlewood
4,330 Posts
My Walgreens don't have jack! I'd like to have a word with our Walgreen's regional district management team! Thats not fair! :mad: Lol!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Stopped at our local WG yesterday. They had sold out of them. The clerk thought they might be getting more in but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Finally a good looking skeleton that doesn't cost an arm and a leg bone(heh,sorry).Price is whats always kept me away from buying one.Thanks for the info and pic,I'll be stopping by the local one today to see if they have any out!

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
Seriously while some of you think you don't have any interest in the shopping threads because you make your own props, you guys should check in there every so often. The Walgreen's skeletons have been discussed and posted pictures of for a while now. You'd also know that each store only gets in a limited quanity of them (from reports--1 to 3 or 4 of them) and they aren't always put out on the floor. I've bought 3 of them from 2 different stores and they are very nice and realistic for the money.
Yep, you're right! When I saw that someone spotted this skeleton and posted it in the 2011 Halloween Items in stores thread, I headed down to my local Walgreens to ask the Manager to hold it for me and they did! I bought 2 of those skeletons (all they had) and from what I have heard, many stores have already sold out and like you said, some stores will only get 1-2 of them to stock.

This same skeleton is for sale at Garden Ridge for $50.00, so if you see this at your local Walgreens... GET IT BEFORE IT'S GONE!!!! $30 is a great price for this Skeleton! Walgreens did great this year!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Had an extra passenger in my truck a couple of days ago.

Went back to see if I could pick up a few of his friends, and everyone had left town. I even drove to another Walgreens, but that one only had Halloween candy on the shelves and nothing more.

Moral of the story, if you see one of these guys grab him. Don't think about it, just do it. You can always resell him later if you change your mind.

·
Registered
238 Posts
If anyone is curious, this is the Pitini Enterprise skeleton. He typically starts taking orders in like January or February, and from what I've heard, ships them over the summer. This year Pitini sent out an email saying they had a few left over that they were selling off. They look terrific, I just wish they were about a foot taller!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Picked up the last one at the walgreens down the street from my house. A couple of the other walgreens that I stopped at only had candy out so far so I will keep checking. Would like to have one more.

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
I cleared out the Walgreens in the Tri-Cities region. I went to 7 stores and bought all the skeletons I could find (6). I must have been following someone because at two stores they were bought an hour before I came in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, nothing at the local Walgreens here in northern NJ either. Since I saw this thread I've been hitting all the local ones without success. Candy's only just coming out, so maybe the skeletons will be close behind.

Rich

1 - 20 of 304 Posts