Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody check your Walgreens. I just got back and they had a huge pile of stuff for just 50 cents each. The cashier said it was left over from last year. I wasn't able to get everything I wanted because 2 other people were snatching up stuff next to me but I got 2 big tombstones, a big skull face wall hanging and a light up house set. I got it all for just $2. I checked 2 more Walgreens near me and the clearance stuff was already gone. Check the pictures to see what I got and I also took a picture of the receipt for proof.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Great deal! You are very lucky!

My Walgreens hasn't clearanced any of their stuff for Halloween. I always paw through everything just to see. :(

Registered
Oh man - I'm going first thing in the morning - I've been checking every other day and NOTHING so far . . .:confused:

Seer of All
No Halloween clearance here, but they do have some of this year's Halloween stuff out! :D
It was all I could do not to buy a big bag of candy corn and start in on it!

Going bump in the night..
Good find!! Congrats on spending just $2 on all that great stuff!
I may have to head to my local one to see if they've had the same itch to get rid of last year's stuff (if there's any to get rid of)

Registered
Congrats on the great deals !!!

Our Walgreens stores still don't have this years Halloween goodies out and no Halloween clearance to be found.

Undead Handyman
Don't waste your gas gang! I was a store manager for Walgreens for 16 years and their SOP is to carry-over everything that isn't damaged from year to year. More than likely this stuff was red-tagged last year and they never got around to pulling the tags off again. That having been said, keep an eye on their weekly ads as their lowest prices should hit mid September through early October. Setting the Halloween aisles and displays are about the only thing I miss from the job (besides the employee discount.) ;)

Purely and Simply....EVIL
Thanks for the advice! I was wondering if maybe it was just that one store who had a few extra items laying around?? Cant wait to see all their goodies....last year they had window silhouettes for less that half of party ciys price...the exact ones!!

Registered
Bah! This would be a nice find, but im not sure I am going to walk into all 6 of my wallgreens just on a rare chance of catching it!

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
walking corpse--- My walgreens must not be following sop then. They had the clearance section set up with the new halloween stuff. The clearance stuff all had shelf sku tags just like everything else in the store. They probably had 20 different items they were trying to get rid of. Lots of it was makeup and smaller decorations but they had several large items everything was 50 cents. The clearance section took up about a forth of the Halloween aisle. I noticed at one of the walgreens I went to they had the exact same tombstones at regular price so maybe some stores are carrying stuff over at full price but some of them are not doing that. I took pictures of the sku tags on the shelf which are below.

Registered
Well I had to look so I went down to our 24 hour one. The manager told me that this store specifically would not clearance last years, so I told him about what I read online. He then said that the only way that would happen is if there was so much stuff left over from last year that they didn't have room to put it this year.

Registered
Strange anuff after hitting 4 Greens yesterday in one of them they only had last year's stuff out and no new stuff at regular price but the other 3 stores had all the new stuff for this year. Love the 3' tall Butler (tho a little pricey and short for $49) and the realty signs as well as various other new stuff, very nice selection for a small area and they always amaze with all the cool little stuff too.

Undead Handyman
True, you will occasionally find a good price on a discontinued left-over. The discontinued merchandise is marked down to 75% off at the end of the season and if it doesn't sell it too gets re-packed. Walgreens brings back the best sellers year to year so those items never go more than 50%off. One of my peers broke with SOP one year and sold all remaining Halloween to one customer for $130. Unfortunately the customer was loading it all into an SUV just as the Regional Vice President was walking into the store. The mgr was suspended and transferred to the slowest store in the district(our bonuses were based on sales/profit.) That store manager probably lost $50,000 in bonuses over the next five years. Needless to say we, the CA store managers, all paid particularly close attention to SOP thereafter. Your best bet for lowest price merchandise is their buy 1 get 2 free sales. Its usually just select merchandise, but they usually do at least one of those sales each season. So buy up! (I'm still a stockholder.) ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts