Halloween Forum banner

Walgreens 2021

12K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  aaronmb 
#1 ·
Didn't see a thread started for Walgreens this year so...

Went today looking for the newest version of the Turkey Dinner Candy Corn and sure enough I was able to find some at mine! That was pretty much the only thing I was after from these guys but who knows, it's still early.

I've heard they have some exclusive NBC Squishmallows this year for those who are into Squishmallows and NBC. They also had a mystery box mini Funko Pops of some NBC characters. I usually like these but I didn't like the styling of these ones...so I passed. But good odds if you're going for a full set...all the characters are 1/6 chance to get them.

#5 ·
Haven't heard of any having stuff out yet except for candy & that was over a week ago. Some YouTube videos showing up with CVS starting so they can't be far behind. Was going to stop today just to see but ran out of time & didn't need anything there yet. They were one of the latest last year as well. I've bought the nice blue lit Skellys from them & last year got some nice potion bottles.

#14 ·
You will be happy!!! First, not sure if anyone has heard of the Flipp app but it's an app that shows store flyers that you set up for your area...like the ads you get in Sunday newspaper. I use it to make my grocery list & to look for certain items on sale. Could go on but I won't.

Well, this weeks Walgreens ad showed this:
Toy Orange Cartoon Communication Device Gadget

Here was the full Halloween part & see they will have a Dracula Funko Pop:
Product Orange Toy Font Calabaza

#12 ·
Yeah I went yesterday to my local one just down the street...more candy and all the back to school/summer crap is gone but completely empty shelves on the decor side. It was actually really depressing because taped to all the shelves were guides on how to stock the shelves...the date on it was AUGUST. :/

#16 ·
Stopped in to Walgreens today - tons of Halloween candy and a smattering of Halloween items. I bought DS a mini skeleton triceratops - not much bigger than the tabletop skeleton mice or bats, and it was $4.99. I also bought one that size of a crab skeleton to go with our fish skeleton. Yeah, I know they aren't realistic! LOL! They had a rubber duck one like that too, which was just too silly for me even though it WAS kind of cute! They had some male & female couple skeleton statues, like tabletop ones. A good chunk of empty shelves just waiting to be filled!

#24 ·
I collect the Funko POP and Walgreens is to have 3 versions of the Universal Monsters this year. The Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman and Darcula. I need these and so far they have not show up in Kansas City as of yet. Still calling and going out to many of them daily. Let me know if anyone spots them.

#25 ·
I stopped in Walgreens yesterday. It's my second stop in my closest one. They had put up more Halloween stuff (other than candy) this time, but I think things looked a bit thin still. They barely had much NBC stuff, although they did have some. I'm looking for both the map picture and the snowglobes, and they had neither. I really hope I haven't missed them. I know that a lot of the big box stores, like Home Depot or Target, will be getting sparse on Halloween supplies already, but I was thinking that places like Walgreens or CVS would be trying to have stocked Halloween shelves for at least another coupla weeks since not everyone wants to decorate/buy for Halloween this early (hahaha it's not early in the haunt world!). Who knows with all this weird shipping stuff though...

Not sure if I can go today, but I think I'll add another Walgreens location to check by the weekend, just in case. Since I'm usually an "ahead of the game" shopper, at least I grabbed some Christmas presents for my kids while I was there yesterday - long, woolly sherpa socks/slippers! I got a Scooby Doo pattern for DS and a sloth pattern for DD (her fave animal).

Not the holiday I wanted though, Walgreens!

#26 ·
#34 ·
I had to add this here. Why? Why is there a skeleton crab in the Halloween decorations? Who authorized this???

MD has entered the thread!!!

Omg!!! There is an octopus as well. Don't they know octopi have no bones? LOL! Smh

The octopus was around last year & there are 2 different sizes. I feel the same way about the spider skellys, spiders don't have skellys, but that didn't stop me from buying the octopus last year & will be making a trip to Walgreens to find that crab because it's my duty as a Marylander to have a few of those.

#29 ·
been stopping at all my local stores, and most of them just have the basic halloween stuff and not much NMBC stuff. I did score the new small 'day of the dead' animals (raccoon and elephant) so that nice. I wish they were the same size as the dog and cat i got a few years ago but they still look great

#30 ·
All I can say is just keep checking. My DH scored big time on Friday morning! He found the entire set of succulents (5 minis, Harlequin Demon and Deadly Night Shade), the light up 3-pumpkin stack, 2 sets of the musical lights, AND the Jack and Zero pumpkins! I'm still searching for the Oogie Boogie pumpkin and the Pumpkin King 26" plush doll. He has already found me the Jack and Sally figurines, 2 water globes, and the Interactive Jack.

He has also seen all of the plush animatronics, some of the squishmallows, and a Burnt Santa Jack toy but I passed on them. I have some of the older animatronic plush but stopped buying them because they take up so much room to store them! Though the ones released this year are quite interesting.

#32 ·
All I can say is just keep checking. My DH scored big time on Friday morning! He found the entire set of succulents (5 minis, Harlequin Demon and Deadly Night Shade), the light up 3-pumpkin stack, 2 sets of the musical lights, AND the Jack and Zero pumpkins! I'm still searching for the Oogie Boogie pumpkin and the Pumpkin King 26" plush doll. He has already found me the Jack and Sally figurines, 2 water globes, and the Interactive Jack.

He has also seen all of the plush animatronics, some of the squishmallows, and a Burnt Santa Jack toy but I passed on them. I have some of the older animatronic plush but stopped buying them because they take up so much room to store them! Though the ones released this year are quite interesting.
wow I havent even seen half these things! I did see the jack and sally pumpkin stack, but passed on it since i didnt have the money for it at the time. my stores really have had almost nothing out for halloween, most don't even have the NBC end cap...

#33 ·
I went into two Walgreens today and neither of them had what I was looking for, though one was close. I really want that canvas NBC "map" of the town that is $19.99. They didn't have that one but they did have the other print at one of the stores. The other store had neither.

I did end up grabbing the Jack & Sally snowglobe for my DS7 because he complained that we don't have anything that plays "This Is Halloween", and frankly I agreed with him that that is a crime! LOL! I also got a weird little Oogie Boogie that has wire in its arms and a velcro back section so he can be stuffed with fabric (or plastic bags) and be made poseable. He's made from a rougher fabric with a loop on his head, so he could be hung too. I just liked him, and he was the only one there. We don't even collect NBC stuff, though my DS in particular is a big fan of the movie!

#37 ·
Depending on your Walgreens, your store might still be getting Halloween in. I went in last night and they'd added the NBC wreath, some Jack/Sally/Zeros in boxes (those are probably Christmas, honestly), and a bunch of the DoD animals, as well as some skulls. So... this might be the year they add Halloween right up until (after?) Halloween itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.