Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
as always I am hoping they come out with new micro plushes, or 12 inch statues of different characters, and they clearly have new wall hangers which is awesome!

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
Heres a few of the of the new things i found so far!....

View attachment 736481
OMG the pterosaur skeletons are back this year!! I didn't want to take a chance of not adding them to my dino theme so picked two up thru ebay last year (and I'm sure spent more than 19.99 each and also because of shipping). Great news though for anyone running with the dino skeletons in their display. The year they were in store was the year I didn't check the shopping thread for Walgreens and didn't go in store. All I can say is getting them while they are available. Haven't seen anyone else carry them.

I will be looking for the swordfish skeleton for my undersea collection.

Noticed BTW that masks are now bagged. Undoubtedly as a covid precaution.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ok usually I don't buy NBC stuff (too expensive IMO even though I love the movie...), but those string lights are calling to me...they can't be more then...$15?

I wonder when my Walgreens will put out stuff...last time I went there was nothing...not even candy.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Ok usually I don't buy NBC stuff (too expensive IMO even though I love the movie...), but those string lights are calling to me...they can't be more then...$15?

I wonder when my Walgreens will put out stuff...last time I went there was nothing...not even candy.
I bought a couple sets of the lights last year and I think they were 16.99 , they play this is halloween when lit

My store has candy and a few regular Halloween decor things but a very small section and none of the NBC stuff. I know its going to get it because a guy told me it was in the back and the website says my store has 2-5 of everything I looked up. Guy said they had to wait until they put the school supplies up, I think he said after Labor Day which is today so hopefully soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Going back 15 years I loved walgreens halloween selection. The skulls that would bleed while playing music. Those were amazing. Walgreens has gotten so disappointing for halloween in the past decade.
To some degree I've found their supplies varied by region, but I couldn't agree with you more. Those huge hanging reapers were always a hit! Same goes for CVS. When I first started ramping up my displays I got a ton of stuff after season at CVS. Still have some today. Even though the Halloween market has exploded, it looks like the drug stores have backed way down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went to our Walgreens yesterday, and it was honestly better than it had been the past few years. I ended up getting the small cat pumpkin since I could never find the ones at Kroger (and if I ever do, the small one can be their kitten!) and a vampire Squishmallow for my grandbaby. It's his first Halloween this year, & I'm building him a goodie bucket with Halloween books, toys, and such. Hard to find Halloween stuff rated for kiddos under 3.

Man, I really do miss the days when Walgreens was at the top of their spooky game though. Now we are lucky to get an endcap of NBC stuff and half an aisle of other decor.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Found al 3 of NBC kids yesterday ! If you are a Walgreens rewards member , they have a 25% off 20$ purchase. was able to use in on the NBC stuff, so it will work on all Halloween ect. I just clicked it on the website and it automatically loaded on my card and came off at the register.

·
They call me HeebieJeebie
2,040 Posts
I went to our Walgreens yesterday, and it was honestly better than it had been the past few years. I ended up getting the small cat pumpkin since I could never find the ones at Kroger (and if I ever do, the small one can be their kitten!) and a vampire Squishmallow for my grandbaby. It's his first Halloween this year, & I'm building him a goodie bucket with Halloween books, toys, and such. Hard to find Halloween stuff rated for kiddos under 3.
This is a great idea! I have a new grandson, too and this would be a fun tradition to start for him! Mine will be almost 10 months old on Halloween.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is a great idea! I have a new grandson, too and this would be a fun tradition to start for him! Mine will be almost 10 months old on Halloween.
Congratulations on your new grandson!! Mine will be almost 9 months on Halloween! I found some Halloween board books at TJ Maxx & Target for him to go with the Squishmallow. Hoping to find some more goodies too. When he's a little older I want to make a little spooky village for him to play with when he visits.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I stopped at Walgreens yesterday to check out stuff in person I was on the bubble with per stuff in videos. I have a very old phone & pix aren't the best & since I'm gloved, I passed & figured I post intended buys later.

The Skelly coming out of the crypt water lantern for $14.99 is awesome. Warm white light is in the top somewhere instead of the bottom & points directly down on him & is pretty bright & the glitter inside isn't overdone for these inside scene types.

Pumpkin without the try-me looks like many other out there but lighted, it is using different colors that the normal red, blue, green & is very bright. Has purple, fuchsia, yellow, etc. colors.

I waited on the above cuz Wags normally has BOGO 50% off on occasion. When I got to the register & my Wags key tag was scanned, clerk said "if you give us your email, we will give you 5000 points" & so I did. Never went on-line for Wags & don't go there too often (for candy at Holidays mostly) so not sure how the points work. Hoping I get a big fat coupon for the items above instead of BOGO 50.

I did buy 2 of the 4 Potion Bottles since the are the best looking I've seen so far for a cheaper price $4.99 & since the couple of stores I visited, I've only see at most 2 of each one:

I will probably pick up the purple one (Witches something or other) but not impressed with the orange one since it only says Happy Halloween on it so not really a potion bottle per se.

·
Registered
410 Posts

Man, I really do miss the days when Walgreens was at the top of their spooky game though. Now we are lucky to get an endcap of NBC stuff and half an aisle of other decor.
Lakeside Collection has extremely similar to them: Lighted Pumpkin Cats

I do believe that we are all in agreement there.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,963 Posts
FTR, the Lakeside cats aren't cold cast ceramic as the listing states, they're foam & honestly that's OK with me since it makes them lighter & cheaper.

·
Registered
410 Posts
FTR, the Lakeside cats aren't cold cast ceramic as the listing states, they're foam & honestly that's OK with me since it makes them lighter & cheaper.
No, they are resin. You might be confusing them with the Oriental Trading Co. cats, which look like they may be foam; I attempted to check what those are made of, but the OTC website is undergoing maintenance at the moment.

·
Registered
607 Posts
No, they are resin. You might be confusing them with the Oriental Trading Co. cats, which look like they may be foam; I attempted to check what those are made of, but the OTC website is undergoing maintenance at the moment.
They are definitely resin. I bought them as a gift for my co-worker who loves cats.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts